VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:35:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll just leave this here ...  (Read 2314 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2021, 07:45:58 EST »

White's brother hire the Lane Train at FAU ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 07:56:31 EST »

I could be wrong.....but I think Kiffin was already there when White came in as AD?

Of course Josh Heupel is there now at UCF and Scott Frost before him.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:05:50 EST »

I could be wrong.....but I think Kiffin was already there when White came in as AD?

Of course Josh Heupel is there now at UCF and Scott Frost before him.
BTW, NOT promoting LK just having a bit of fun, though he with Steele as the DC would' be a bad combo
I can't get over the way he left.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:11:28 EST »

BTW, NOT promoting LK just having a bit of fun, though he with Steele as the DC would' be a bad combo
I can't get over the way he left.

If we take big swings and we miss, I mean we could do a lot worse.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 08:15:42 EST »

I don't know what Kiffin's ceiling is, but he'd be fun. It takes extreme focus each week to win a championship. Does he have it? I dunno, but he does have Xs and Os down to with the ability to assemble a staff.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 08:17:18 EST »

If we take big swings and we miss, I mean we could do a lot worse.
I agree
The true emotion he displayed after Wes Brown's pick 6 against Vandy is a great memory (Wes couldn't walk on that knee but he got the pick and somehow made it to the endzone)
Turning Crompton (who was playing a lot like JG at the time) into a Heisman level QB against GA wasn't too shabby a memory either ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 08:21:34 EST »

I don't know what Kiffin's ceiling is, but he'd be fun. It takes extreme focus each week to win a championship. Does he have it? I dunno, but he does have Xs and Os down to with the ability to assemble a staff.
VQ is going bonkers over the possibility of the Lane Train returning
I do know that Ole Miss improved through the season this year
With Steele as DC, maybe
Lane would not be on my desired list

How much are people going crazy?
https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/1352323972512292865?s=20

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 08:28:20 EST »

Remind me why Lane failed miserably at USC...  I know they had santions, but we might too soon right?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 08:40:37 EST »

Remind me why Lane failed miserably at USC...  I know they had santions, but we might too soon right?
One reason is to not let former tailbacks be the AD

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 08:42:26 EST »

Lane Kiffin was 28-15 at USC and that was after the NCAA brought the hammer down on them.....Lane was hired in Jan at USC and the NCAA didn't come down with the sanctions until June of that year....They were reduced to 15 scholarships per year for 3 years, that's hard to overcome for anyone plus there were other stiff sanctions. I'd take 28-15 with those type sanctions right now...

I'd take Kiffin right now...today. The sucker can coach and recruit. But....I think we probably have a better chance hiring the Buffalo coach, Lance Leipold than we do hiring Kiffin. Which Leipold wouldn't be a bad hire at all.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 08:44:51 EST »

Lane Kiffin was 28-15 at USC and that was after the NCAA brought the hammer down on them.....Lane was hired in Jan at USC and the NCAA didn't come down with the sanctions until June of that year....They were reduced to 15 scholarships per year for 3 years, that's hard to overcome for anyone plus there were other stiff sanctions. I'd take 28-15 with those type sanctions right now...

I'd take Kiffin right now...today. The sucker can coach and recruit. But....I think we probably have a better chance hiring the Buffalo coach, Lance Leipold than we do hiring Kiffin. Which Leipold wouldn't be a bad hire at all.
If the Lane Train wants a second chance, I wouldn't cry in my beer

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 09:02:22 EST »

One reason is to not let former QBs tailbacks be the AD

FIFY

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 09:06:10 EST »

I would take Kiffin over any unproven G5 coach. But Sarkisian was a lot better OC. Texas beat us to him though. It just depends on which coaches' skeletons in their closets bother you the most as to who you prefer.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 09:07:46 EST »

Maybe he can bring one of those QB's with him. How can he have three good ones and we can't find one?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 09:10:33 EST »

If the Lane Train wants a second chance, I wouldn't cry in my beer

Even I agree.  Don't see it happening though. Honestly he is probably better off staying at Ole Miss for now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 09:13:35 EST »

How old is Spurrier...lol?

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 09:59:39 EST »

Yep, that tool Carroll left Lane holding the bag in a big way.  I think maybe Karma caught up with him as well.  Making a change like that and screwing over a university that gave you a big chance can haunt you in various ways.  It caught up to him at USC and things just did not go well. 

Having said that, Kiffin would be just about the best coach we could possibly bring in.  I would hope he has learned from his past and is smart enuff to stay put at OM for a while.  I'd hate to see that happen to the Rebels, who I kinda root for in a small way. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 10:50:29 EST »

Yep, that tool Carroll left Lane holding the bag in a big way.  I think maybe Karma caught up with him as well.  Making a change like that and screwing over a university that gave you a big chance can haunt you in various ways.  It caught up to him at USC and things just did not go well. 

Having said that, Kiffin would be just about the best coach we could possibly bring in.  I would hope he has learned from his past and is smart enuff to stay put at OM for a while.  I'd hate to see that happen to the Rebels, who I kinda root for in a small way. 
Why is that? I have always kinda been on their side as well.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: