VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 07:16:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So now that the AD hire is out of the way, let's talk about the HC hire  (Read 5820 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 04:40:43 EST »

The Grinch hated UT and every UT season.
Why you ask? No one knows the reason.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.

But I think that the most likely reason of all,
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 04:43:42 EST »

But don't you think it is an easy notion to see him as UT's next head coach. Don't the players opinions still hold water?

after EIGHTEEN YEARS???

I know.  Let's go dig up some Cleveland Browns from when Bellichek coached there in the mid-90s and see what they say about him. Or how about some of Saban's players from Michigan state, where for four years he was barely above 0.500.  About as relevant!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 05:01:23 EST »

But the Grinch has balls enough to call out bad coaching when he sees it. You apologists don't. You guys slobbered all over Jones when he was 5-0 and winning games with a lot of luck like the Hail Mary in Athens. How many losses did he end up with that year? How many fell for the brick by brick drivel? Just askin?

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 05:57:51 EST »

There's almost always a very simple reason that some people feel the need to pat themselves on the back.......

I get it, volsboy.  You are like the parents that used to sit behind the bench when I was coaching, yelling at the coaching staff every time something went wrong.  My wife would often ask me, "Did you hear what such-and-such yelled?"  My answer was always, "No, I don't hear anything that those folks say."

As for being an apologist, you have no idea whether I fit that mold or not.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 07:28:47 EST »

I do respect all the coaches that we have had. I just can't imagine the pressure they are under. It is easy for tools like me to second guess and criticize all their coaching decisions and results. I am just too upfront about it and not very patient. There is nothing wrong with fans giving these coaches the benefit of the doubt and not being so pessimistic as I can be.  I just want to get a coach that gives a fighting, competitive, chance. I thought Pruitt might be that coach. But I just couldn't get over that Ga State loss and the way he handled the QB position. Looking back, where did eight straight wins come from? I'm wrong to call folks apologists.  At least they try to paint a positive picture. Please let this next coach be a keeper. And offense oriented. If he's not offense oriented, let him hire a great OC.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2021, 07:37:29 EST »

There's almost always a very simple reason that some people feel the need to pat themselves on the back.......

I get it, volsboy.  You are like the parents that used to sit behind the bench when I was coaching, yelling at the coaching staff every time something went wrong.  My wife would often ask me, "Did you hear what such-and-such yelled?"  My answer was always, "No, I don't hear anything that those folks say."

As for being an apologist, you have no idea whether I fit that mold or not.
I have no problem with calling out bad coaching. So we are just supposed to set back and watch a bad coach run the team into the ground?  Did you ever think those parents might have seen something you didn't? But parents do ruin sports for the kids too many times. I despise to have parents cry because little Johnny isn't playing enough.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2021, 09:28:53 EST »

volsboy, I don't agree with all coaches, ever - even the people I coached with I often disagreed with.  There is also nothing wrong with questioning coaching moves and decisions (I do it myself).  It is also part of what message boards are for, in my opinion.  It isn't going to determine the direction of a program, but at least we have a venue to express our views.

With you, however, it seems to always be negative - and you are always so proud and eager to boast that you are the only person to be able to recognize it.  That is not the case, by the way.  It may just be that some folks are more positive and some more negative - some choose to expound on deficiencies and some would rather dwell on the more hopeful sides of the issues.

You are definitely not the only person on this board to question Lyle's coaching and likely were not the first to have doubts.  I know that for fact.  You are not the only person who questioned whether Pruitt was the person to turn our program around and likely were not the first to harbor insecurities with respect to where he would take the program.  I know that for fact.

If I offended you, I sincerely apologize.  I likely should have kept my thoughts to myself.  There are none of us perfect, no not one.  I value that each and every person has their own views, and I respect your right to have and express your opinions.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2021, 11:39:44 EST »

Never have you offended me. I value everyone's opinions and views. I have been negative since right after Kiffin left. I don't expect my opinion to be valued anymore than everyone else's. I'm just not the type to find the positive after a 34-7 loss to UK or a 48-17 loss to Bama like many do and say "but our tight end looked good".

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 01:42:46 EST »

I'm not normally a gambling man, but I'd be willing to make a fairly large wager that no true UT fan on this message board was happy with either the 34-7 loss to UK or the 48-17 loss to Bama.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2021, 02:43:42 EST »

Geez... make it stop.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2021, 06:08:26 EST »

I'm not normally a gambling man, but I'd be willing to make a fairly large wager that no true UT fan on this message board was happy with either the 34-7 loss to UK or the 48-17 loss to Bama.

It’s all he knows. He’s just a hammer in search of a nail, and where no nails exist, he’ll conjure one out of thin air.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2021, 06:27:14 EST »

It’s all he knows. He’s just a hammer in search of a nail, and where no nails exist, he’ll conjure one out of thin air.
I'm sorry if my posts burn your toes. Not. Let's not make excuses for the product we see on the field. As far as conjuring a nail out of thin air..yes I'm that good. If the shoe fits you should wear it. Never be an appologist.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 06:31:39 EST »

How do we know Danny White will be a good hire? We hope he is. But is being an AD at an AAC school the same as being one at a SEC school. Same with coaches. He will be in a whole different world. How has Frost looked since leaving UCF. Like I said P5 conference's are a different animal.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 06:41:30 EST »

How do we know Danny White will be a good hire? We hope he is. But is being an AD at an AAC school the same as being one at a SEC school. Same with coaches. He will be in a whole different world. How has Frost looked since leaving UCF. Like I said P5 conference's are a different animal.
Having an understanding of football is a different animal to you

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2021, 07:16:21 EST »

Having an understanding of football is a different animal to you
I understand what I see on the field. And scoreboard. What's your problem? UCF had one great year. How many SEC teams would have great years playing their AAC schedule?  The challenge is to keep having great years consistently. That is not as easy to do in the SEC as it is in the AAC. What is not true in that? Is he better than all the elite programs AD's? We shall see. The hard part is he can't favor one sport over another. All our sports have slipped. Look at our sports in the late 90's compared to now? Which one has improved much? He has a huge job to do?

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2021, 07:22:16 EST »

I'm sorry if my posts burn your toes. Not. Let's not make excuses for the product we see on the field. As far as conjuring a nail out of thin air..yes I'm that good. If the shoe fits you should wear it. Never be an appologist.

Many straw men died to bring us this response.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2021, 10:10:03 EST »

For the love of all that is sacred and holy, would y'all please stop responding to the idiot troll??????   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2021, 11:01:56 EST »

For the love of all that is sacred and holy, would y'all please stop responding to the idiot troll??????   
Ooops ya just did..I'll tone it down. Sorry to hit your last nerve. 

volsboyinsodak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: