VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:00:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All kidding aside, if you had to rehire one of our last four coaches, who would  (Read 1142 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2021, 05:10:14 EST »

it be. I would have to go with Kiffin. Not even close. But will we?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 05:35:12 EST »

The question is will HE?  I doubt it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 05:46:26 EST »

I would disassociate myself from the University.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 07:30:02 EST »

I would disassociate myself from the University.

I get it and used to feel this way, but now I would grasp at any straw.

But from what I have seen of Donde Ploughman, she will not contemplate Kiffin.  I mean, he almost got us on major probation while he was here.  And given that Ole Miss has had multiple instances of being caught in the past (because they are not bammer and worse are a threat to them!) it may only be a matter of time till Ole Miss gets hammered again.

And I even think Donde would factor in how he stiffed us last time.

So while I would hold my nose and tolerate it, because whether I like it or not the guy knows offense really well and is good at coaching it, it ain't gonna happen.

As someone said on VN, "Kiffin is the new Gruden".  Not a perfect analogy, but in terms of likelyhood of it happening vs delusional fans, SPOT ON.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 02:56:14 EST »

Assumption, assertion, presumption? Why go there when we don't have to? There are competent coaches... they do exist. We don't have to fertilize our food with our feces.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 04:22:38 EST »

I get it and used to feel this way, but now I would grasp at any straw.

But from what I have seen of Donde Ploughman, she will not contemplate Kiffin.  I mean, he almost got us on major probation while he was here.  And given that Ole Miss has had multiple instances of being caught in the past (because they are not bammer and worse are a threat to them!) it may only be a matter of time till Ole Miss gets hammered again.

And I even think Donde would factor in how he stiffed us last time.

So while I would hold my nose and tolerate it, because whether I like it or not the guy knows offense really well and is good at coaching it, it ain't gonna happen.

As someone said on VN, "Kiffin is the new Gruden".  Not a perfect analogy, but in terms of likelyhood of it happening vs delusional fans, SPOT ON.   
Yet Pruitt's cheating will probably dig a bigger whole for us that Kiffin ever would. We are already in trouble. But all these other coaches we may pursue are "bad" guys. Noted.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: