VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:10:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chaney to the NFL  (Read 831 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2021, 01:27:04 EST »

A well-known and veteran offensive coordinator throughout the SEC, Jim Chaney has landed a new job following the fallout of the firing of Jeremy Pruitt from the Tennessee program. Chaney is staying in the South, but headed to the NFL.

The New Orleans Saints have added Chaney to their staff as an offensive analyst.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 05:20:46 EST »

I haven't researched it, but what team has excelled on offense under Chaney? Where was his greatness demonstrated? We just owe him 1.8 million. A good way to tell if a guy is a good coach is how well he does with less talent than others. He never demonstrated he could do more with less.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 05:27:20 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 07:46:45 EDT »

I haven't researched it, but what team has excelled on offense under Chaney? Where was his greatness demonstrated? We just owe him 1.8 million. A good way to tell if a guy is a good coach is how well he does with less talent than others. He never demonstrated he could do more with less.

He had a record setting offense at UT with Bray, he did well at Arkansas, and did really well at UGa in spite of many complaining fans.  When he left, they professed gladness but their offense immediately nose dived.

Its not that hard to do a bit of research, but.....trolls gonna just troll I guess.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 08:38:22 EDT »

Chaney wasn't a good fit with Big Bert at Ark....Bert wanted more of that Wisconsin ground and pound and of course Chaney likes to fling it. So Bert and Chaney had a parting of the ways.....Chaney went to Pitt as the OC and turned Peterman into a pretty good QB that no one else could do...Peterman wound up in the NFL...Pitt went to Clemson and upset them with Peterman. Chaney then went to UGA and did pretty well...got in the playoffs. Of course when he left for UT the UGA fans were glad he was gone....Which most fan bases say when a coach leaves.....He was never the same at UT and still haven't figured it out. Don't know if it was Chaney...Pruitt....No QB...or a combination. The last year with Bray here we averaged around 34 points per game but had no defense.....I looked it up a few months ago....That year we'd score 42 and lose...score 38 and lose...We scored 50 on Mizzou and lost. It was unreal how bad our defense was.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: