VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:38:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And the winner of the VTTW ESPN Women's NCAA Basketball Pickem is....  (Read 1023 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2021, 02:16:23 EDT »

....me, droner, The Internet's Finest Poster©!

The cash price of foreign currency will be mailed to the champion. No, it won't.

Congratulations to our Champion: droner, The Internet's Finest Poster© !
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 06:26:47 EDT »

I forgot to join the group but was only 52%.  Congrats Droner!  Have a Merlot to celebrate.

(I am assuming you hate Merlot, so this is a lame attempt at an insult  )

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 10:55:32 EDT »

I forgot to join the group but was only 52%.  Congrats Droner!  Have a Merlot to celebrate.

(I am assuming you hate Merlot, so this is a lame attempt at an insult  )

I like Merlot. Once the bad stuff was killed off they got back to producing good ones. Merlot was in trouble before the movie Sideways. The movie just added a nail.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:39 EDT »

Interesting. I had a girlfriend once who just loved Merlot, so I tend to think of it as a "girlie" drink.  Of course, she loved most any wine, it's just that Merlot was her favorite.   

As for Sideways, I was in Lompoc in October 2004 waiting for a mission to launch out of Vandenburg AFB.  We watched Sideways as a team building exercise.  The cool thing about that was that we had been hanging out at a lot of the places in the movie.  For instance, the restaurant where the idjut friend picked up the fat waitress is where we had our "splashdown" party, and of course we hit quite a few of the wine tasting places also.  Even the drive up from LA was familiar, they showed a famous tunnel and I recognized all the signs, etc.  That was pretty cool, to be in the area that movie was filmed.

Actually that was a really great movie.  When I watched it with the team, I got disgusted when he went to the fast food place at the end of the movie, as it seemed he was accepting being a total loser.   At that point I either quit watching or got distracted. It was only years later that I re-watched it and realized that the really expensive wine he was drinking was reserved for when he had a kid with his ex, and by drinking it with a burger he was finally letting go of her, and that he did try to hook up again with the hot wine industry chick at the end again. Totally different ending than what I remembered, lol!

Anyway great movie.  The scene where he sneaks back in the room and steals the wallet, only to be chased by the naked trucker, is probably in my top ten of funniest scenes of all time.  I nearly busted a gut laughing at that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 01:06:23 EDT »

Interesting. I had a girlfriend once who just loved Merlot, so I tend to think of it as a "girlie" drink.  Of course, she loved most any wine, it's just that Merlot was her favorite.   

As for Sideways, I was in Lompoc in October 2004 waiting for a mission to launch out of Vandenburg AFB.  We watched Sideways as a team building exercise.  The cool thing about that was that we had been hanging out at a lot of the places in the movie.  For instance, the restaurant where the idjut friend picked up the fat waitress is where we had our "splashdown" party, and of course we hit quite a few of the wine tasting places also.  Even the drive up from LA was familiar, they showed a famous tunnel and I recognized all the signs, etc.  That was pretty cool, to be in the area that movie was filmed.

Actually that was a really great movie.  When I watched it with the team, I got disgusted when he went to the fast food place at the end of the movie, as it seemed he was accepting being a total loser.   At that point I either quit watching or got distracted. It was only years later that I re-watched it and realized that the really expensive wine he was drinking was reserved for when he had a kid with his ex, and by drinking it with a burger he was finally letting go of her, and that he did try to hook up again with the hot wine industry chick at the end again. Totally different ending than what I remembered, lol!

Anyway great movie.  The scene where he sneaks back in the room and steals the wallet, only to be chased by the naked trucker, is probably in my top ten of funniest scenes of all time.  I nearly busted a gut laughing at that.

That area has now become a tourist attraction with people going to all of places in the movie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: