VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:46:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BaseVols lose finale 7-6.*  (Read 1483 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:18:05 EDT »

`
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 10:23:13 EDT »

Preseason #1 UF has to come from behind to salvage one win, and their guys are still running smack. Same shizzle, different sport.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:04 EDT »

Same shizzle, different sport.

Absolutely.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 01:39:51 EDT »

Still a good weekend.  Could have been a great one, but I'll take good and run with it 

Vandy next weekend is huge.  A series win would go a long way towards hosting a regional. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 01:45:36 EDT »

Still a good weekend.  Could have been a great one, but I'll take good and run with it 

Vandy next weekend is huge.  A series win would go a long way towards hosting a regional. 

That UGA team that we handled made a previously invincible Vandy team look very mortal this weekend. If we just win one, I’ll be happy. Two, and I’ll be checking Expedia for a room in Omaha.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 02:41:51 EDT »

That UGA team that we handled made a previously invincible Vandy team look very mortal this weekend. If we just win one, I’ll be happy. Two, and I’ll be checking Expedia for a room in Omaha.

Obviously runs are going to be hard to come by against Rocker and Leiter, but runs are also hard to come by against our pitching staff, as well.  Vandy isn't hitting the ball all that well right now. 

Offensively we aren't great, but one thing our hitters do is to go deep in counts and getting pitch count up.  Need to do that against those two and get to their bullpen. 

Should be interesting.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 07:40:50 EDT »

It would be cool. I was stationed at Offutt when they were there. T. Helton was their star. I watched them play USC (Trojans).

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 09:00:48 EDT »

Heard on Tony Basilio's show today:

Tickets in the secondary market for this weekend are selling for between $250-300.  That's per game, not for the weekend. 

And UT came out with a football season ticket package for $300 today.  Not per game, for the entire home season. 

So people are paying for one baseball game what they could get an entire football season for. 

Never thought I'd see the day. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 10:36:47 EDT »

Tickets in the secondary market for this weekend are selling for between $250-300.  That's per game, not for the weekend. 

And UT came out with a football season ticket package for $300 today.  Not per game, for the entire home season. 

So people are paying for one baseball game what they could get an entire football season for. 

Kinda makes you sad. We have to to find the right football coach eventually. Hopefully Heupel is that guy.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 03:09:18 EDT »

Wow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: