VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 09:25:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnes lands another  (Read 1633 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2021, 05:24:09 EDT »

https://twitter.com/rockytopinsider/status/1382712528862601225?s=19

Is this gonna be the highest ranked class in school history?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:35:12 EDT »

Based on what I read on the Volnation basketball board this makes us currently the No.2 ranked class in the country.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 05:40:14 EDT »

So in the last two days, after saying he needed to buff up the front line he gets commitments from a 7' center and a 6'9" PF
Add Powell to replace #11 on the wing and a TRUE PG  and he is rebuilding upwards and better

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 05:40:46 EDT »

Since today's ranking system began, most likely he will be.  

But I would love to have seen where Bernard King would have been had the ranking system been prevalent in those days.  Still the GOAT of UT basketball players ever.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 05:42:02 EDT »

So in the last two days, after saying he needed to buff up the front line he gets commitments from a 7' center and a 6'9" PF
Add Powell to replace #11 on the wing and a TRUE PG  and he is rebuilding upwards and better

Apparently he's grown an inch since that was put together.  Everything I see says 6'10" and 240. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 05:42:25 EDT »

But I would love to have seen where Bernard King would have been had the ranking system been prevalent in those days.  Still the GOAT of UT basketball players ever.  
:evillaugh:THIS!!!!!!!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 06:04:26 EDT »

So to date that’S a 5* PG, 4* wing, 5* post, 4* post, impact transfer wing with SEC experience, and an under the radar Frenchman who will probably be a 4* when all is said and done. And we still have room for TWO MORE.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 06:09:19 EDT »

Since today's ranking system began, most likely he will be.  

Bernard is the goat of UT basketball. Loved watching him. I saw a Dr J documentary and he said Bernard King was the toughest matchup he ever faced when asked what player played him the toughest. High praise there.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 09:14:16 EDT »

While I am glad to see top recruits choosing the Vols, I expect that two of them could likely be one-and-done athletes here.  I do not think that championship type programs can be built from one-and-done players.  I hope that CRB and staff prove me wrong.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 09:42:34 EDT »

While I am glad to see top recruits choosing the Vols, I expect that two of them could likely be one-and-done athletes here.  I do not think that championship type programs can be built from one-and-done players.  I hope that CRB and staff prove me wrong.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think it's a coincidence that as blue bloods like Duke and North Carolina reluctantly embrace the one-and-done era, they're becoming less dominant. And Cal, who has eagerly embraced one-and-done as a model since he's been at UK, hasn't been to a Final Four in six years.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 07:50:58 EDT »

Agree, unfortunately. Hope Barnes can figure it, but old dog, new tricks...this is a pretty old dog.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: