VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:08:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey HTV..............................  (Read 1083 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2021, 07:52:34 EDT »

Is your wife still in the mortgage business? If she is, she has to be as busy as ever.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:41 EDT »

Yep. She's doing a lot of 16 hour days right now. But you've got to make bank while the bank is open.

And it hasnbeen easy for her. She broke her wrist 8 weeks ago and still hasn't missed a beat.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 10:42:11 EDT »

Real estate here is unreal.....Demand is much more than supply. Houses in my subdivision are going for 35-40 thousand more than they were 2-3 years ago...if that. Houses go on the market and last maybe 24-36 hours in most cases.....House next door to me went on the market in early March and they showed it for a day and a half and got a contract. on it. The couple that lives there has only been there 1 year and 10 months and have a contract on it for $30,000 more than they paid for it.

I get calls and letters from real estate agents all the time asking if I want to sell my house.....Nope. If I sell it then I have to pay inflated prices for another house unless we downsize.....which we did when we purchased this house we are in now.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 10:52:14 EDT »

Yep. She's doing a lot of 16 hour days right now. But you've got to make bank while the bank is open.

And it hasnbeen easy for her. She broke her wrist 8 weeks ago and still hasn't missed a beat.

We didn't slow down a bit during Covid. I was requiring realtors and sellers to stay in the parking lot and I was getting documents signed at their cars. The home inventory is low so prices are moving up fast. Cash offers rule and $25,000 over asking price doesn't cut it.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 11:01:27 EDT »

And it hasn't been easy for her. She broke her wrist 8 weeks ago and still hasn't missed a beat.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 11:02:48 EDT »

We didn't slow down a bit during Covid. I was requiring realtors and sellers to stay in the parking lot and I was getting documents signed at their cars. The home inventory is low so prices are moving up fast. Cash offers rule and $25,000 over asking price doesn't cut it.

Yeah, been absolutely incredible to see what the market has done the last couple of years in spite of what should have been some major obstacles. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: