VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:45:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DishTV  (Read 933 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2021, 03:45:05 EDT »

My remote quit working. I tried resetting the console, changing the batteries, and holding down the SAT button, all recommended for remote troubleshooting.  NADA.  So I call Dish.  I was asked if i had tried, or told to try, all of the above.  Then the lady asks me what model the remote is (as if she doesn't know, she already told me she could tell it was paired.  How could she know it was paired and not know the model?).  So I tell her the model.  She then tells me "that's the problem, you have the wrong remote, you need to go back to the old one". 

And.....

I lost my shizzle.  I know dam well it's not the wrong model. For one thing, they mailed it to me a couple years ago, but I didn't use it until the old one went belly up.  Then i used it for months and it stopped working, and it's not the batteries or the settings on the Hopper or anything else, it's FREAKING DEAD.  It won't even light up.

So I told her to send me a new dam remote. I am spending $138 a month on their crappy overrated product (should have unplugged years ago, but I've been lazy) and she's giving me the run around to avoid sending me a freaking remote that probably costs them $30-40 if that.  I told her send the remote or I'm gone.

I'm done with Dish.  Been wanting to leave for years. I am going to wait until a series I am watching that airs 6x a week (Deep Space Nine) on the H&I channel to run it's course and then I am out of there.

As for her efforts to avoid sending the remote...I KNEW it was dead, I dropped it in a cup of coffee last week by mistake.   

But I'll be dammed if I tell them that.  $138 a month and I don't even have any premium channels like HBO or Showtime, though I do have their top package.  They can SEND THE DAM REMOTE!!

I know it's deliberate too.  My Hopper died several years ago, and it was obviously the hard drive. I had to talk to two different people and they gave me the runaround that time also, and on that occasion I also had to threaten to quit to get the new Hopper.

They want to wring every nickel they can out of their customers, that's for sure.  Long term, that's a shizzlety business plan, as they will find out in a few months.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 04:51:16 EDT »

I had DirecTV for years (the service techs would always comment on my account number being a 6-digit number and how they hadn’t used those in YEARS). When I finally was able to get unlimited Internet access at a reasonable speed I switched to streaming (YoutubeTV). I’ll never go back. I may switch providers from time to time but I’ll never go back to satellite unless I’m forced.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 05:18:26 EDT »

I had DirecTV for years (the service techs would always comment on my account number being a 6-digit number and how they hadn’t used those in YEARS). When I finally was able to get unlimited Internet access at a reasonable speed I switched to streaming (YoutubeTV). I’ll never go back. I may switch providers from time to time but I’ll never go back to satellite unless I’m forced.

Yeah, me too.  Kicked Dish Network to the curb several years ago in favor of streaming.  Started out with Sling.  Went to YouTubeTV when Sling dropped the Fox Regionals.  Got to have my Braves and Preds games.  Then YouTube dropped the FRs, so I went to Hulu  Same story.  Dropped them.  Now with Direct TV's streaming option, as they are the only streamers that offer the Fox Regionals (now Bally's, as the FRs haven't been part of Fox for about 5 years, now, actually owned by Sinclair Broadcasting).  DTV's streaming offers the regionals as an add on. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 07:38:19 EDT »

Same.  Was DirecTV customer for 13 years, but ditched them for Hulu once I got real internet a few months ago.  Haven't regretted my decision for one second.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: