VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 08:18:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can y'all help a fella out?  (Read 7820 times)
aufantom
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:37:56 EST »

I'm heading to Knoxville for the UT - AU game saturday and I'm looking for a easy in/out place to park. I don't mind riding a shuttle if necessary, but walking distance would be preferable. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:30:22 EST »

Auburn fan?  You can park just about 350 yards south of the stadium.

Be sure to bring your water wings, however.   

Seriously - several pay lots in the downtown area that won't cost you a day's pay and will only leave you about a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:38:19 EST »

And if you park downtown, there are some good places to grab breakfast before the game and dinner and a beer after.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:34 EST »

And if you park downtown, there are some good places to grab breakfast before the game and dinner and a beer after.

Or a beer with your breakfast if you are so inclined, CO. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
aufantom
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:36 EST »

That's what I'm talking about, food and beer! We are staying in Lenoir City. Is there a better side of Knoxville to come in on? I assume that I-40 will be the most direct route but also the busiest. If you could pin a few parking spots down  I would greatly appreciate it. I saw a couple of parking decks adjaccent to Knoxville Area Transit. do you know if they provide shuttles from there?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:10 EST »

That's what I'm talking about, food and beer! We are staying in Lenoir City. Is there a better side of Knoxville to come in on? I assume that I-40 will be the most direct route but also the busiest. If you could pin a few parking spots down  I would greatly appreciate it. I saw a couple of parking decks adjaccent to Knoxville Area Transit. do you know if they provide shuttles from there?

Yes, they do and that is a good option, but not as close to Market Square, where eateries and bars are located as you can get.

There are a couple of parking garages at just about a block or two on the downtown side of Henley Street.  Map the downtown YMCA or Chesapeake's and they are in that general area.   

Breakfast at Tupelo Honey is a good option. It is located on the southwest side of Market Square. 

The Downtown Grill and Brewery a block over from Market Square on Gay Street is a good post game option.  Their Downtown Nut Brown Ale is my favorite, although the New World Porter is pretty danged good too. 

There are several other very good eateries and watering holes in the Market Square area. 

Welcome to Knoxville.  Spend lots of money and help out our local economy.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
aufantom
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:54 EST »

I'm sure we will and thanks for the info!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:59 EST »

there is a shuttle form the civic coliseum garage.  Park $5, shuttle $6.
Drops you off 2 blocks from Neyland (you can stop off and. Is it the bookstore on the way.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:09:09 EST »

Drops you off 2 blocks from Neyland (you can stop off and. Is it the bookstore on the way.

That's where we park, but we walk to Neyland.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:10:47 EST »

I'm sure we will and thanks for the info!

Hope you have a great and safe trip to town.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 02:08:53 EST »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXSi9F8_xKo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mXSi9F8_xKo</a>
Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:14 EST »

I agree.  We park nearby at the womens BB HOF and james white fort is also nextdoor.  Its only a 20-25 min walk to neyland.  Good thing is that its easy to get on I40 from there if you need to leave right after the game. Good luck.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 02:58:54 EST »

See the tailgate posts above.

G
aufantom
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 03:22:45 EST »

All great suggestions! Thanks!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:46 EST »

Y'all pay? High rollers.  I park free in the State Street garage (enter off the steep hill on Clinch or from Union), eat at Soccer Taco on Market Square before the game, and somewhere else on Gay Street or the square afterwards.

Any on street parking downtown is free, as is the  State Street garage. It's bit of a walk to the stadium, but not bad. Herb's recommended spot is also free, and has basically no walk. Of course the swim can be cold this time of year.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 06:18:46 EST »

I'm surprised that nobody invited him to one of our tailgates, at least for a soda and to say hello. We aren't known as the most hospitable venue in the SEC for nothing, ya know. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37:58 EST »

I'm surprised that nobody invited him to one of our tailgates, at least for a soda and to say hello. We aren't known as the most hospitable venue in the SEC for nothing, ya know. 
See Greg's post below ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:02 EST »

See Greg's post below ...

The tailgate will not be in operation this weekend.....I am heading off to Vegas on Sunday so trying to do both in the span of 24 hours was NOT an option.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 12:45:57 EST »

The tailgate will not be in operation this weekend.....I am heading off to Vegas on Sunday so trying to do both in the span of 24 hours was NOT an option.

Vegas, ehhhh? Hope you are not staying at a Harrah's property! Have you made dining plans?

G
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 04:48:38 EST »

Vegas, ehhhh? Hope you are not staying at a Harrah's property! Have you made dining plans?

G

let me think....*bing* that would be an affirmative as well as going to see Santana on Wednesday night as well.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: