VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 04:11:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamers, anybody buying Diablo 3 on Tuesday?  (Read 4476 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:39:46 EDT »

The cinematics look unbelievable and while gameplay is the same general orientation as the first two, they've completely changed the way skills are employed and made it less reliant on the keyboard.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:46:00 EDT »

It looks amazing.  Unfortunately, my PC isn't suitable for gaming anymore.  But if they ever make a console version, I'll be all over it.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:08:48 EDT »

It looks amazing.  Unfortunately, my PC isn't suitable for gaming anymore.  But if they ever make a console version, I'll be all over it.

I thought you had a Mac... there is a version for Mac.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:23:06 EDT »

I thought you had a Mac... there is a version for Mac.

I didn't realize that- but my Macbook probably isn't up to snuff either.  I'm planning on upgrading to a Macbook Pro as soon as they outfit them with the Ivy Bridge processors. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:32:08 EDT »

So far the game is as expected... when I can play it. It requires a live internet connection and their servers aren't handling the load very well... they went up and down yesterday and they just shut down again. Blizzard is really screwing the pooch on this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:46:47 EDT »

So far the game is as expected... when I can play it. It requires a live internet connection and their servers aren't handling the load very well... they went up and down yesterday and they just shut down again. Blizzard is really screwing the pooch on this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah....my buddy at work took the day off to play, and said more than half the day was spent waiting on their servers to come bak online.  Doesn't sound like they were prepared for them load at all.  Pretty week given the hype they gave this game.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 04:48:30 EDT »

I never got into the Diablo series.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 05:22:59 EDT »

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 05:23:54 EDT »

In all seriousness, D2 and the LOD expansion pack are top notch. One of the best musical experiences of any game ever made. So far D3 does not stand up to that. I'm disappointed. But I'm only a little ways in.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 08:08:20 EDT »

In all seriousness, D2 and the LOD expansion pack are top notch. One of the best musical experiences of any game ever made. So far D3 does not stand up to that. I'm disappointed. But I'm only a little ways in.

I may pick up a used copy of D2 and try it.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:18 EDT »

I may pick up a used copy of D2 and try it.

You can buy it digitally on Battle.net for $10. The original game is on there for $10 and the expansion pack is $10. You'll need a Battle.net account anyway.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45:13 EDT »

You can buy it digitally on Battle.net for $10. The original game is on there for $10 and the expansion pack is $10. You'll need a Battle.net account anyway.

Cool, thanks!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 05:25:52 EDT »

I figured out the glitches I was having with the game and it's awesome now... in case anybody is thinking about buying it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: