VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 01:34:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man, it's tough seeing so many empty seats  (Read 3960 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:49:33 EDT »

In Neyland!

tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:25:34 EDT »

In Neyland!

I actually thought it was a pretty good crowd
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:28:52 EDT »

I actually thought it was a pretty good crowd
>95% full

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:38:43 EDT »

Well, the overhead shot they did showed many open seats in the upper deck.  Just read it was a sellout, but there are still many empty seats

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:54 EDT »

Many of the empty seats in the upper seck were the student section.  I still don't get what our students are doing on a Saturday afternoon besides coming to a football game.....????
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:41 EDT »

Many of the empty seats in the upper seck were the student section.  I still don't get what our students are doing on a Saturday afternoon besides coming to a football game.....????
Most of the few empty seats I saw were where UGA didn't sell their allotment.

There was a lot of gray worn, I wonder if that helped making it look like there were more empty seats?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:57:19 EDT »

I wonder if the shot I saw on TV was from earlier, before people were in their seats....it was game time and I thought it was a life shot from above...but later saw it looked much fuller.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:53 EDT »

Most of the few empty seats I saw were where UGA didn't sell their allotment.

There was a lot of gray worn, I wonder if that helped making it look like there were more empty seats?

I guess you couldn't see the east side upper deck (goal line to goal line).  It was only half full; almost the entire right side was empty.  It looked a little better later in the game as people on the north half spread out to the south half.  I got to see it the entire game and it was disappointing.    No way there were even close to 102,000 people in attendance.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 11:47:33 EDT »

I guess you couldn't see the east side upper deck (goal line to goal line).  It was only half full; almost the entire right side was empty.  It looked a little better later in the game as people on the north half spread out to the south half.  I got to see it the entire game and it was disappointing.    No way there were even close to 102,000 people in attendance.

I agree. I thought 95,000 MAYBE. I'm not sure how it could be termed a "sell-out" with all those empty student seats up top. 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 01:19:58 EDT »

Ok, then I wasn't imagining it....I knew there seemed to be a lot of empty seats at game time....and it was the east side that looked so empty on the shot I saw.

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 06:56:55 EDT »

I sit in Section L, I thought 2 large portion  was full, and next to the students was loud as I have heard in many years. In the south end many stay until well after the game to soak in what had just happen. I thought it was perfect  environment for a big recruiting weekend. I thought best judge was Coach Jones in the presser call it "a true home field advantage"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: