VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:15:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth noting, through 6 games  (Read 3731 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:12 EDT »

27 punts, 45.7 yard average, 10 inside the 20, 8 punts of 50+ yards. Opponents average less than 5 yards per return.

5 of 6 FG, 25 of 25 XP. The miss was the holder's fault.

Michael freaking Palardy. Butch has him playing with great confidence and he finally looks like the talented guy everyone assumed we were getting.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:57:13 EDT »

I didn't want to be the one who jinxed him or us, but he has been great this year.
No doubt it is a combination of better coaching and a commitment to his craft. Just glad he decided to realize his potential.

Still cringe when he is kicking xps or fgs though.   

I don't think I have ever seen a holder block a kick.     
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:59:51 EDT »

I didn't want to be the one who jinxed him or us, but he has been great this year.
No doubt it is a combination of better coaching and a commitment to his craft. Just glad he decided to realize his potential.

Still cringe when he is kicking xps or fgs though.   

I don't think I have ever seen a holder block a kick.     

You know, he was a solid punter last year, but I think there's real improvement on that front still. 2 yards per kick or so, and fewer returnable kicks. With placekicking he's just visibly more confident. I totally get the cringe factor and I'm sure we'll hold our breath if he steps in for a really significant kick, but I really think 2013 Michael Palardy knows he's going to make that kick (whether we do or not). With kickers that's half the battle.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:13:37 EDT »

He's done an amazing job. I'm glad to see him hang around and have success. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:16:32 EDT »

His only weakness this year has been an inconsistency with kickoffs...kickoffs were outstanding against Georgia, though. Hopefully that will continue.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 06:33:02 EDT »

27 punts, 45.7 yard average, 10 inside the 20, 8 punts of 50+ yards. Opponents average less than 5 yards per return.

Michael freaking Palardy. Butch has him playing with great confidence and he finally looks like the talented guy everyone assumed we were getting.

His punts are things of beauty this year
One of his first punts Saturday I thought he hadn't hit it well (kind of a taildragger).  40+ yards later and no return it turned out pretty good.  Part of the success are the punts with lots of hang time.  The other is our coverage has really improved.  Saturday we had great coverage on all but one punt and on that one it was so long we just couln't get there but by the time the retuner had caught it over his shoulder and turned around we (2-3 cover guys) were there and nailed him for a two yard loss.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 07:32:30 EDT »

It seems like his leg is stronger. Or he has improved his technique. He doesn't look the same as last year.

And the holder blocking the kick was one of the stranger things I've seen in the college kicking game. 
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 09:17:46 EDT »

One thing about the blocked kick, it was due to Palardy kicking left footed and the holder holding it with his right hand.  The holder's left hand got in the way.  This is not a problem with a right footed kicker and right handed holder.  We need a left handed holder to go with the left footed kicker, or drill the right handed holder to put his left hand behind his back after he gets the ball set.  At least that is my take on it.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:15 EDT »

He's made himself an NFL punting prospect.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: