VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 06:38:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spurrier's postgame press conference was gold  (Read 5678 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:22:26 EST »

54 seconds in all. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:27:07 EST »

Seriously though, he'll eventually have to answer for that last third down call in regulation.  SOS tends to get too "cute" with his playcalling at times, and it definitely cost him tonight.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:28:07 EST »

Poor ol' ball coach..You can't spell suck without USC  
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:29:44 EST »

Seriously though, he'll eventually have to answer for that last third down call in regulation.  SOS tends to get too "cute" with his playcalling at times, and it definitely cost him tonight.

The way his team had been passing against our D on third down, I don't blame him for that call.

This was the worst Tennessee defensive effort I've seen in 20 years from any UT defense not coached by Sal Sunseri, but they certainly stepped up big on the last series in regulation and in overtime.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 05:32:22 EST »

The way his team had been passing against our D on third down, I don't blame him for that call.

This was the worst Tennessee defensive effort I've seen in 20 years from any UT defense not coached by Sal Sunseri, but they certainly stepped up big on the last series in regulation and in overtime.
Because they finally dialed up the blitz at the end of the game and it was beautiful! 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 05:48:57 EST »

Yeah, but we hadn't exactly shut down their run, either.  They were already on the edge of FG range.  They take it between the tackles there and worst case scenario (for them) is we stop them for no gain, and they still have a FG try to put the game away.  Best case, they get four yards and the game's over.  Instead they tried to pass, took the sack, had to punt, and the rest is history. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:01:34 EST »

Poor ol' ball coach..You can't spell suck without USC  

Gold 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 01:04:36 EST »

He's seemingly the same petulant child my Dad said he was when they were kids in elementary school.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 03:13:25 EST »

He's seemingly the same petulant child my Dad said he was when they were kids in elementary school.   

Yes...and his dad never stopped riding him, from what I have heard.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 03:39:12 EST »

Beating Spurrier NEVER gets old! 

I hope your dad whooped him back then too!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 05:52:18 EST »

Beating Spurrier NEVER gets old! 

I hope your dad whooped him back then too!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: