VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 10:45:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've thought long and hard about this playoff...  (Read 7861 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:00:26 EST »

FTR, I'm pulling for two meteors on NYD.  This is about as repulsive a final four as I can possibly imagine. 

But if you put a gun to my head and make me pick a team, I'd have to go with...Florida State.  Take one player (who will be gone next year anyway) out of the equation, and they're not quite as horrible as the other three.  And what's good for FSU is generally bad for UF, so there's that. 

So go noles.  I guess.

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:19 EST »

I'll pull for any of the other three over FSU. The university's handling of the Winston rape accusations is criminal...maybe literally. It's bad enough that they won one NC. Hopefully it won't be two.

I think it'll be Alabama and, frankly, I don't really have a problem with that. They can't recruit much better than they already are. But I wouldn't have a problem with Oregon winning it, either. Ohio State =  . I'll put them just slightly ahead of FSU.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:23:33 EST »

For me, OSU-green variety is the lesser of the evils.  I know they are the minions of the evil empire, but I would strongly support the devil himself over either bama or the whiners.  As far as FSU, it is not only Jameis, but Jimbo's unwavering defense of despicable acts that puts them below OSU-green species.  You defend your kids, but you don't do it over and over when actions are escalating.  Jimbo apparently does not believe in tough love if it affects win percentage.  So, go ducks.  Now that just sounds stupid, and it is.  Come on, meteor!

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:41:07 EST »

Go Ducks!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:43:44 EST »

I'll pull for any of the other three over FSU. The university's handling of the Winston rape accusations is criminal...maybe literally. It's bad enough that they won one NC. Hopefully it won't be two.

I think it'll be Alabama and, frankly, I don't really have a problem with that. They can't recruit much better than they already are. But I wouldn't have a problem with Oregon winning it, either. Ohio State =  . I'll put them just slightly ahead of FSU.

You know, you seem like a pretty good guy otherwise, but your lack of complete and utter disdain for bammer is a pretty serious character flaw.  I suggest spending a month or so down here to get your mind right.   

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:44:20 EST »

I would like to see Bama and the Ducks.   I wouldn't have a problem with the ducks winning it.  I do think they would put pressure on Bama to score lots of points.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 04:11:31 EST »

I cannot pull for either Florida State or Ohio State under any circumstances. Oregon is going to put a lot of pressure on whoever they play to score points to beat them. I just hope Oregon beats FSU like a rented mule.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:44:20 EST »

Quack

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 07:21:37 EST »

You know, you seem like a pretty good guy otherwise, but your lack of complete and utter disdain for bammer is a pretty serious character flaw.  I suggest spending a month or so down here to get your mind right.   

I refuse to even drive through Alabama on my way to the NW Florida beaches just as a matter of principle.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 07:47:00 EST »

I refuse to even drive through Alabama on my way to the NW Florida beaches just as a matter of principle.

By all means you should drive through there.  Pollute their air, put some wear and tear on their highways- just stop at the state line to eat and fill up so they don't get any of your money.

Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 09:00:27 EST »

behavior re Winston goes beyond rivalry motivations.

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:42 EST »

Go Ducks! 

There's no way I would EVER root for the sec team in this year's playoff.  I can't stand either o$u or f$u, but will/would pull for either against team satan  .
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 10:57:31 EST »

Generally, I don't care for any of the four teams.  But I don't dislike Oregon anywhere near as much as I dislike the other 3 teams.

Really, the only reasons I don't like FSU are Winston and Danny Kannell.  Florida also hates them so that kind of is a redeeming factor if I have to think of one.  I don't like Alabama for obvious reasons but if they win we can talk about SEC pride.  I loathe OSU entirely, nothing at all redeeming if they win it all.  I couldn't stand OSU before Meyer went there, and his hiring just made it much worse.  So, if I were to rank the four 1-4 with 4 being the team I least likely want to see win it all it would be:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. OSU
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 11:20:14 EST »

After watching TCU dismantle Ole Miss today, I think they should have been in the final 4 instead O-Cry-O State.....i hate the team and coach.   I think Vinnie's list is about right for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 11:25:47 EST »

After watching TCU dismantle Ole Miss today, I think they should have been in the final 4 instead O-Cry-O State.....i hate the team and coach.   I think Vinnie's list is about right for me!

My fingers can't even begin to type what Vinnie did after the "2."  They can do this when discussing that team though,    I'm with you on o$u, I can't stand them, but...
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 11:27:34 EST »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 01:43:27 EST »

I want to pull for Oregon.  They play an entertaining brand of ball, Mariota seems like a great kid, and Helfrich seems to be a pretty standup guy.  But Nike is the Evil Empire, and Oregon is the Death Star.  They are at the center of everything that is wrong with college sports, and I just can't root for that.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 08:14:10 EST »

By all means you should drive through there.  Pollute their air, put some wear and tear on their highways- just stop at the state line to eat and fill up so they don't get any of your money.

I drove home from Dallas twice recently, once after the OU UT game, and again in December after attending a wedding.  The route home is I-20, which goes past a certain cesspool of a crimson shade.  I'm not going to say I littered, but the car sure was lighter after I got to Birmingham.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 03:05:03 EST »

Alls I can say at this point is, GO DUCKS.
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 03:44:15 EST »

Alls I can say at this point is, GO DUCKS.

Amen brother!  I guess I can watch the Sugar Bowl I DVR'ed.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 04:58:53 EST »

Amen brother!   

x3

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 06:55:19 EST »

Heard on ESPN this morning if the BCS was still in effect the 2 teams that would have played each other in the MNC game would be...

1. Florida State
2. Bama

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: