VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 11:37:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's End This Charade...  (Read 8876 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:17:09 EST »

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:19:25 EST »

It ain't Gruden buddy.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:25:15 EST »

Man, I feel so much better now! I'm keepin the faith until it's sight. Gruden is the man.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 08:26:49 EST »

The only way it is Gruden is if we strike out on everyone else and have to go back and severely overpay to get him. Hart will end up looking really bad in that case.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 08:27:08 EST »

It ain't Gruden buddy.

Don't you give up!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 08:27:34 EST »

The only way it is Gruden is if we strike out on everyone else and have to go back and severely overpay to get him. Hart will end up looking really bad in that case.

we have to severely overpay to get him no matter what

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 08:29:08 EST »

Don't you give up!

I'm over Gruden.  How dare he put me through this!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:30:02 EST »

Don't you give up!

I told you privately three days ago that it wasn't him. With all due respect to OV75, the boosters who have been floating that info have been FOS from the beginning IMNSHO. I believe people are definitely talking, but I think it's all on the booster side and that the two sides were never close.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:33 EST »

we have to severely overpay to get him no matter what

Yes but worse if they have to go back to him with him as the only candidate.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 08:42:33 EST »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:58 EST »

I told you privately three days ago that it wasn't him. With all due respect to OV75, the boosters who have been floating that info have been FOS from the beginning IMNSHO. I believe people are definitely talking, but I think it's all on the booster side and that the two sides were never close.

Yeah, just being silly. 
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:32 EST »

StogieVol, you are onto something with the picture of the orange-faced yo-yo.  No matter what the subject is, he can create a convoluted story that it was the work of ancient aliens.  His leaps of judgements and suspensions of reality and facts are astounding.  It does parrallal some of the Gruden theories though.

Much the same for the Gruden stories.  If you want to believe it is Gruden, you can create some scheme to make it so.  If you do not believe (like me), you will never believe until Hart and Gruden are in front of the press microphones.  I hope Hart makes a hire this week because the message board users need to get back to their real lives.

But reading all the boards is so much fun. It reinforces my on observations that people are gullible and the old saying a sucker is born every minute is true.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:12 EST »

I hope Hart makes a hire this week because the message board users need to get back to their real lives.

It's nice to see that you don't get tangled up in that message board nonsense. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:20 EST »

StogieVol, you are onto something with the picture of the orange-faced yo-yo.  No matter what the subject is, he can create a convoluted story that it was the work of ancient aliens.  His leaps of judgements and suspensions of reality and facts are astounding.  It does parrallal some of the Gruden theories though.

I just wonder how he gets his hair to do that.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 10:23:01 EST »

I just wonder how he got his face that orange.

And Creek, I am home and taking time from work to take my wife back and forth to dialysis.  She broke her arm and cannot drive.  This coaching search has been a blessing because .. well.. how can any one get bored with this?  I just think that desperate people can be convinced to do stupid things and will believe any lie or half-truth.  A young con-man took a liking to me 45 years ago and taught me how you con people and what to look out for when being conned.  I sense a major con from both sides and the truth is in the middle.  I am waiting and believe little of what I read.  People are being mislead.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 10:28:53 EST »

I just wonder how he got his face that orange.
Maybe he is an alien...I do agree with one thing you said.  Great choice by Stogie for a Gruden post.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 10:30:40 EST »

Maybe he is an alien...I do agree with one thing you said.  Great choice by Stogie for a Gruden post.   

The MIB guys probably go up to Gruden and ask for His registration card

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 11:09:57 EST »

Much the same for the Gruden stories.  If you want to believe it is Gruden, you can create some scheme to make it so.  If you do not believe (like me), you will never believe until Hart and Gruden are in front of the press microphones.  I hope Hart makes a hire this week because the message board users need to get back to their real lives.

But reading all the boards is so much fun. It reinforces my on observations that people are gullible and the old saying a sucker is born every minute is true.

Yet you keep participating.  Never gets old.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 02:08:55 EST »

The MIB guys probably go up to Gruden and ask for His registration card

I get a kick out of that show.  One of the first times I saw it, I actually bothered to check a couple of items.  They were so far off it was ridiculous.  You would think they would at least try and make stuff up that was believable.  The one that stood out was that they cited an ancient map from well before Columbus that seemed to show the coast of Antarctica accurately. Yet for some reason they only zeroed in on a small part of it.  I quickly googled it, and it turns out that only that small part resembled Antarctica.  It actually showed a huge landmass extending from Antarctica to where South America is, that looked nothing like reality.  So they don't even TRY to be credible, which is really pretty funny.  I watch the show for laughs, really.

I notice that they usually state that "ancient astronaut theorists say...".  They never claim that anything is actually true.  It's almost like a documentary on the people they interview.  Who to a person look like they still live in their parents basement.   

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 02:20:44 EST »

I get a kick out of that show.  One of the first times I saw it, I actually bothered to check a couple of items.  They were so far off it was ridiculous.  You would think they would at least try and make stuff up that was believable.  The one that stood out was that they cited an ancient map from well before Columbus that seemed to show the coast of Antarctica accurately. Yet for some reason they only zeroed in on a small part of it.  I quickly googled it, and it turns out that only that small part resembled Antarctica.  It actually showed a huge landmass extending from Antarctica to where South America is, that looked nothing like reality.  So they don't even TRY to be credible, which is really pretty funny.  I watch the show for laughs, really.

I notice that they usually state that "ancient astronaut theorists say...".  They never claim that anything is actually true.  It's almost like a documentary on the people they interview.  Who to a person look like they still live in their parents basement.   

And here I thought the "MIB" reference was to the Men in Black movies. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:11 EST »

And here I thought the "MIB" reference was to the Men in Black movies. 

Oh it is.  But I was referring to the History Channel show.  Just picked the wrong post to quote, I guess.   

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:09 EST »

No Vinnie, it never gets old. I hope no one takes my posts as complaining.  Anything but. I really enjoy a good argument. It is just hard to argue with people that believe in unnamed sources. Like this lyric from a Sarah Evans song "Now all the biddies in the beauty shop gossip goin' on stop Sippin on pink lemonade ".  IMO all this is is gossip unless you can quote a real person.  I guess I just grew up cynical and jaded.

The guy's name is Giorgio A. Tsoukalous.  Google him and go to some of the sites.  It is a hoot.  He is the producer for the shows (or he was) and the same ancient astronauts or alien theorists show up in almost every show with the same story told with a different twist depending on the subject.  I finally got my wife to catch a few momemts of one show and her comments were "What is up with that hair? And does he not know how to use sunless tanning lotion?  Does he not realize his face is orange?"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:39:07 EST by 73Volgrad » Logged
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 02:30:34 EST »

I don't know what you guys are talking about.  Ancient Aliens is 100% proof, er, factual.  Grudens walk among us....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: