VTTW Board Index
May 26, 2024, 12:38:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any of you VTTW Knoxville based regs...  (Read 3825 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:52:23 EST »

...have any good suggestions for where to watch the BCS Championship Game? For the two years that I have now been here, I haven't really ventured out to watch any games anywhere. I think I may Monday night, but not sure where to go. West Knoxville would be preferable.

Thanks for any ideas!

Bammer suxes! That is all!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:27:59 EST »

Try Bailey's Sports Bar. You can run down Parkside all the way past 140/Pellesippi down to where Fowler's is on your left at the signal & make a right. At the stop sign turn left. Smoking is allowed in the in case you care; others will be smoking fine cigars. From best I recall where you guys moved to, you will never have to hit the Pike or 40 and it's only just about a mile from your house.

Oh, and win it for Miss Auburn 1951; my late mother will be guiding the team.

G
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:37:01 EST »

I'm not a fan of Bailey's-- it smells awful (IMO) and I'm not a huge fan of the general clientele. Knoxville has a real shortage of good sports bars.

I haven't tried Skybox on Gay St yet but I'm itching to go. I'm hoping it'll be cleaner and with better food than places like Bailey's. Of course that's downtown and not out west, but I'm not much help . . . I don't like any of the places to watch sports out west.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:40:00 EST »

I'm not a fan of Bailey's-- it smells awful (IMO) and I'm not a huge fan of the general clientele. Knoxville has a real shortage of good sports bars.

I haven't tried Skybox on Gay St yet but I'm itching to go. I'm hoping it'll be cleaner and with better food than places like Bailey's. Of course that's downtown and not out west, but I'm not much help . . . I don't like any of the places to watch sports out west.

I've been wanting to try Skybox as well. If anyone goes, give a report. Kthx!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:54:18 EST »

I've been wanting to try Skybox as well. If anyone goes, give a report. Kthx!

Well, I may be intrigued enough to go and try it out for the game.  There doesn't seem to be anything good on the West side; all other recs that I've been given were the standard Buffalo Wild Wings type of places.  Has anyone been to Doc's on Kingston Pike?  That was another one I heard about.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:59 EST »

Well, I may be intrigued enough to go and try it out for the game.  There doesn't seem to be anything good on the West side; all other recs that I've been given were the standard Buffalo Wild Wings type of places.  Has anyone been to Doc's on Kingston Pike?  That was another one I heard about.

Doc's was Ray's ESG until recently, and Kingston Alley before that. I haven't been since the most recent change but Ray's and KA were AWFUL, so I haven't had much motivation to try it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:36 EST »

As I recall you are in the Cedar Bluff area, correct? 

There is a place at the Hardin Valley exit off of Pellissippi Parkway called Double Dogs.  They have about a million big screens and I'm sure each of them will be tuned to the NCG.  The menu is good - I like their wings, and as they name might suggest they have many varieties of hot dogs, along with other burger and sandwich options.  Good selection of craft and domestic beers. 

I enjoy going there.  Nice atmosphere, and there will be people of all ages watching.  Usually fans from a lot of different schools there, too. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 09:25:49 EST »

I recommend Emeril's house.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:13:59 EST »

As I recall you are in the Cedar Bluff area, correct? 

There is a place at the Hardin Valley exit off of Pellissippi Parkway called Double Dogs.  They have about a million big screens and I'm sure each of them will be tuned to the NCG.  The menu is good - I like their wings, and as they name might suggest they have many varieties of hot dogs, along with other burger and sandwich options.  Good selection of craft and domestic beers. 

I enjoy going there.  Nice atmosphere, and there will be people of all ages watching.  Usually fans from a lot of different schools there, too. 

In Farragut, but close enough to that exit. I had forgotten about that place.  Been there for lunch and liked the food.  May have to try it out.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 02:00:53 EST »

I recommend Emeril's house.

I am having a watching party??????

Are you bringing the beer?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 08:39:21 EST »

The best sports bar I went to in the last year was the Tilted Kilt in Indianapolis just after attending the Indy 500 and just prior to going to the Pacers-Heat game.  That may have just been part of the fun of that day rubbing off, but they had great food and atmosphere.  One of my best sports bar experiences ever.   They are kind of a Hooters knockoff, just so you know....but yes, plenty of attractive wimmen's running around.   

So if they have one of those in Knoxville, go for it.  Unless your wife will be coming with you.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: