VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 01:58:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently they made Doeren an offer while we were sleeping....  (Read 3648 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2017, 12:17:08 EST »

...and he's still mulling it over.  NCSU has also offered him an extension.

But nice of them to try and sneak this through while no one is looking.

We. Cannot. Trust. Our. Own. Leadership.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:04:22 EST »

All this time, we've just chalked this up to incompetence in our leadership, but I think it may be time to question that.  Is there actual malicious intent?  Does Haslam have some kind of financial stake in the failure of UT athletics?  Would it somehow help him consolidate his power?  Because it now seems that he and Currie are actively working against us, subverting the will of the people, and intentionaly trying to pull it all off under cover of darkness. 

Just a random thought, but I think it's an angle that needs to be explored.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:34 EST »

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

The deception is coming to light, and the light will not be kind to the shenanigans of the past, imo.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:46:57 EST »

If you're inclined to Tweet, be kind, but include @statecoachd . He needs to know what he's getting into if he accepts.

Also, throw out names you'd be fine with to @john_currie. And make sure to use the "_" , or his account won't get it.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 02:05:32 EST »

If you're inclined to Tweet, be kind, but include @statecoachd . He needs to know what he's getting into if he accepts.

Also, throw out names you'd be fine with to @john_currie. And make sure to use the "_" , or his account won't get it.

Been there, done that.  Doeren is simply an attempt to fill the seat, with no regard for quality.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 02:38:34 EST »

All this time, we've just chalked this up to incompetence in our leadership, but I think it may be time to question that.  Is there actual malicious intent?  Does Haslam have some kind of financial stake in the failure of UT athletics?  Would it somehow help him consolidate his power?  Because it now seems that he and Currie are actively working against us, subverting the will of the people, and intentionaly trying to pull it all off under cover of darkness. 

Just a random thought, but I think it's an angle that needs to be explored.

I'm curious about something if you don't mind an outsider asking this question.  Is the Haslam connection and the view of Haslam being the man behind the curtain in all of this fact, or is it just conjecture at this point? Living here in Knoxville has me curious.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:57:24 EST »

I'm curious about something if you don't mind an outsider asking this question.  Is the Haslam connection and the view of Haslam being the man behind the curtain in all of this fact, or is it just conjecture at this point? Living here in Knoxville has me curious.

Haslam is the biggest donor UT has is a fact, and he does influence the administration departments choices. Reportedly, he had the administration pass on Blackburn because he wouldn't be easy to influence, so we ended up with Currie

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:40 EST »

If this is all they got, just keep Joke as interim. What a mess!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 03:25:10 EST »

If this is all they got, just keep Joke as interim. What a mess!
If going with Butch II (Doeren) then why not go with a UT Alum Steele and perhaps bring in Tee as the OC - At least the defense would be good

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:15 EST »

Doeren would be the "we give up" hire.  It would be admission that we no longer believe that we can be relevant on an SEC or national basis.  It would be replacing Butch with Butch.  It would be the end of caring for many fans, including me.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 03:47:31 EST »

...and he's still mulling it over.  NCSU has also offered him an extension.

But nice of them to try and sneak this through while no one is looking.

We. Cannot. Trust. Our. Own. Leadership.

A couple things. The story was "broken" by sportscoop.com (or something like that, too lazy to look up exact URL)  They have consistently made wild reports that proved false.  Cheap click-bait side, I don't give them an ounce of credence, and I don't believe there was an offer.  They simply have no credibility.

Second, the idea that Haslem would deliberately sabotage UT is easily refuted.  Just look at the Browns.

And I'll throw in a bonus third...Not all of us were asleep.  

Edit: Site breaking the story was footballscoop.com  .  They have been among the wildest, least credible distributors of rumors in this whole mess.

I also happen to think that Doeren's agent may well have leaked a false rumor.  He has only two years on his contract and the extension was repeatedly delayed.  Sounds like this may have helped him with that.  That is entirely my opinion FTR..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:57:26 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 04:22:45 EST »

(Kiffiin  >>  Doeren )^10

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 04:24:22 EST »

(Kiffiin  >>  Doeren )^10

Quit showing off ya rocket geek!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: