VTTW Board Index
May 24, 2024, 08:19:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols win 61-47 over Mississippi State........  (Read 2756 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:20:12 EST »

An ugly road win is still a road win.

The Vols are going to have a tough time with only nine players. Especially playing pressure defense and fouling so much. They fouled out three tonight.

But for tonight, a win is a win.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:49:15 EST »

Butt ugly. But a win. 1and 0 in SEC play. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:19 EST »

A conference road win is great no matter how it comes. I hope Mostella's ankle is okay . . . our bench is awfully short already.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:01:56 EST »

That effort by Mississippi State may have been the worst I've ever seen from an SEC team not coached by Wade Houston. But I'll take it.

Tennessee won its SEC opener, and just as the Vols were finishing up, Cal tipped off its Pac 12 opener and lost to USC. Fourth loss in five games for the Golden Bears.

And Seth Davis still hasn't tweeted to make sure we know about that in Knoxville. I'm shocked.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 04:08:52 EST »

That effort by Mississippi State may have been the worst I've ever seen from an SEC team not coached by Wade Houston. But I'll take it.

Tennessee won its SEC opener, and just as the Vols were finishing up, Cal tipped off its Pac 12 opener and lost to USC. Fourth loss in five games for the Golden Bears.

And Seth Davis still hasn't tweeted to make sure we know about that in Knoxville. I'm shocked.

Seth Davis is a Bozo.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 05:43:48 EST »

An ugly road win is still a road win.

The Vols are going to have a tough time with only nine players. Especially playing pressure defense and fouling so much. They fouled out three tonight.

But for tonight, a win is a win.

Some of those fouls were questionable at best!  There was one play where the UT player never touched the guy on a lay-up attempt but the ref still called a foul.  I will never understand a ref thinking something is going to happen and blowing the whistle when nothing does happen.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:45:41 EST »

Officiating was terrible. It was bad both ways, but UT caught the brunt of it -- which is to be expected because of this team's reputation of fouling by playing over-aggressive defense, but still...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: