VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 08:41:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You just know this is going to be our final indignity this season...  (Read 1812 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:16:08 EST »

....She'll probably pick up a bobbled snap and go all Hershel on one of our LBs for the game winning TD.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGyQaKgsTY/?igshid=jlhrsczr4ku0

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:24 EST »

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 10:45:30 EST »

....She'll probably pick up a bobbled snap and go all Hershel on one of our LBs for the game winning TD.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGyQaKgsTY/?igshid=jlhrsczr4ku0

And I wouldn't blink a eye if it happened because................................................UT
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 06:12:52 EST »

I am all for females playing football if they are capable, but this situation on saturday with the Vandy kicker ---- didn't that kick she have just plain suck?  If it was supposed to be a pooch kick, it sucked, if it was supposed to be a squib kick it sucked, and if it was supposed to be a normal kick it really sucked.  Not one of the talking heads had the balls to call it like it was.  It is like we are all supposed to accept some kind of lie that she did well in her outing.  WTF?  And don't get me wrong, I am sure their are women out there who can be better place kickers than what we have on some of the current power 5 teams.  But this shizzle show last saturday and all the fake fawning over her was just a fizzleing puke fest.  More fizzleing politics being infused in sports - yayyyyy.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:25:55 EST »

It was a PR stunt....Got a feeling Mason knew he was done at Vandy. He can leave knowing he was the first coach in P5 to use a female in a game....and he could beat UT.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:19:50 EST »

I didnt mind them putting in a female, even knowing it's a stunt.  What I did find silly was a lot of the commentary.  Not all of it, but much of it.  For one thing the kicker herself, BUT to be clear, I don't blame her for it, she has been brainwashed.  But what I found silly was that she had to go out of her way to say she wanted to "inspire young girls".  To me, that's insulting to young girls, because she didn't really accomplish anything!  One lousy looking kick.

It was indeed (supposed to be) a squib kick, per the CBS talking heads.  I read online that it was a squib kick because they didn't want her to actually make contact with any opposing player.   

As I understand it, she was supposed to only do extra points and field goals, in which case there is no contact short of a roughing the passer penalty.

But anyway, I am all for encouraging females to enter fields traditionally dominated by males. As a matter of fact, I have at this moment a very bright young lady as an intern, who has a 4.0 in Mechanical Engineering and two prestigious scholarships, who, having worked with her for 3 months now I am proud to say has a very bright future in her field.

But this..."girls can do it!!" stuff often goes too far.  Because it seems to imply that they....CANT do it, unless some idiotitc, woke, far left academic or entertainment figure tells them they can.  Everything wrong with the woke left in a nutshell (and I mean literally they are nuts  ).

I happen to think talented young ladies...BEING TALENTED...are doing just fine on their own,thank you  very much!  And my intern is living proof of that.  I don't even hold it against her that she atteends bammer. 

Trust me we are going to try and hire her, I don't want her getting away to some rival, not after we have helped develop her.  Memo to the woke crowd.....SHE DOESNT NEED YOUR "HELP"!!!!!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 08:20:37 EST »

Oh and speaking of indignities...they wanted the female kicker to get an extra point or FG...but Vandy gonna Vandy!  It was a shutout.   

You can't make that up even. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 08:55:00 EST »

Kicker is a unique position in all of sports in that they are "protected" from contact and/or injury, unless the play goes completely sideways. When I see a female holding her own at LB or RB, then I'll buy this "GRLPWR" stuff.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 08:08:07 EST »

Kicker is a unique position in all of sports in that they are "protected" from contact and/or injury, unless the play goes completely sideways. When I see a female holding her own at LB or RB, then I'll buy this "GRLPWR" stuff.

yep

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: