VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:24:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dammit- Stop that, Coach K...  (Read 2515 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:11:41 EDT »

How am I supposed to continue hating Duke when you do shizzle like this?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/mike-krzyzewski-mercer-locker-room-congratulate-duke/

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:50:48 EDT »

Still can't stand Duke.   
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:14:56 EDT »

Hows he gonna feel about Mercer after UT pounds them?  Duke was over rated all year..Some decent talent but young..Duke=Puke!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 02:18:00 EDT »

How am I supposed to continue hating Duke when you do shizzle like this?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/mike-krzyzewski-mercer-locker-room-congratulate-duke/

Oh I don't know....he seems so egotistical when I hear him talk.

Here is how I interpret that..."you guys must be a hell of a basketball team because you beat me and I'm obviously a fizzleing genius"   

But wait...imagine that it's in a sing-song nasally twang that manages to sound at once both bored and pretentious, as if it's owner was tired of explaining things to "the little people".  Such a burden, being a genius!

Then it would sound like this "you guys.  must.be  a he.ell of.a bask.  et.  ball. team  be.cause you.beat.me and I'm ob.vious.ly a fizzle.ing gen.i.us"   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:27:49 EDT »

Oh I don't know....he seems so egotistical when I hear him talk.

Here is how I interpret that..."you guys must be a hell of a basketball team because you beat me and I'm obviously a fizzleing genius"   

But wait...imagine that it's in a sing-song nasally twang that manages to sound at once both bored and pretentious, as if it's owner was tired of explaining things to "the little people".  Such a burden, being a genius!

Then it would sound like this "you guys.  must.be  a he.ell of.a bask.  et.  ball. team  be.cause you.beat.me and I'm ob.vious.ly a fizzle.ing gen.i.us"   

Egotistical?  Probably a little bit.  But I just think he's a guy who understands his stature, and his place in this sport.  Those Mercer kids probably grew up dreaming of playing for someone like Coach K, but weren't quite good enough to reach that level.  So to beat him, and then have him come and address them personally had to be a real thrill for them.  Classy move, IMO. 

I still hate Duke, though. 

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 02:28:36 EDT »

Yeah the ACC is the "BEST" B.ball conference of all time and he's the best coach of all time..  He stated earlier in the week that the ACC deserved more teams in the tourney than the Atlantic-10...Then he gets his head handed handed to him by Mercer,a team in the atlantic sun conference...YET,they will join the Southern Conference next year..oh the irony...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:31:46 EDT by crockettman » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 04:36:35 EDT »

I've always liked Coach K. But I hate Duke.

Similar to how I sorta like UNC but hate Roy Williams. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: