VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:34:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrout  (Read 3046 times)
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 07:28:20 EST »

Just looked at videos of our quarterback signee. Accurate, quick release and elusive. Not the fastest, but may be able to get out of trouble. Now if our OL can get in the way of defenders and our receivers can get away from defenders, we might show some signs of life on offense. (Running game excluded. Better OL play and these guys should be OK).

I guess I've got a case of signing day optimism.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 07:56:22 EST »

July 2017 article

https://sports.yahoo.com/meet-unheralded-high-school-qb-already-nfl-coaches-salivating-160822072.html
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:04:01 EST »

I'm feeling even better about him. But the real test comes when he's being chased by the Bama defensive team.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:06:54 EST »

I'm feeling even better about him. But the real test comes when he's being chased by the Bama defensive team.

That's funny stuff.  True, but funny.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:42 EST »

The phrase "diamond in the rough" gets thrown around a lot in recruiting.  But it sounds like it may actually apply in Shrout's case.  Now let's see if this staff can develop him.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:48:02 EST »

The phrase "diamond in the rough" gets thrown around a lot in recruiting.  But it sounds like it may actually apply in Shrout's case.  Now let's see if this staff can develop him.

I trust the coaches until proven otherwise. I haven't given up on Guarantano. Do you think Dormady and/or McBride stay? Maybe Dormady can turn it around in a more pro style offense IF he stays. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 12:52:33 EST »

I trust the coaches until proven otherwise. I haven't given up on Guarantano. Do you think Dormady and/or McBride stay? Maybe Dormady can turn it around in a more pro style offense IF he stays. 

I'd guess at least one of those guys will leave.  But we probably won't know much until after spring practice.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 02:11:10 EST »

Watched his highlight film, very live arm, almost Ainge like (hopefully he doesn't have the Ainge like head).  But, he sure throws into traffic a lot.  Looks like he just needs good QB coaching on reads and mechanics, because he definitely has the arm, and movement is OK.  

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 03:34:32 EST »

Watched his highlight film, very live arm, almost Ainge like (hopefully he doesn't have the Ainge like head).  But, he sure throws into traffic a lot.  Looks like he just needs good QB coaching on reads and mechanics, because he definitely has the arm, and movement is OK.  

Heard an analyst talking about the INT stat.  Can't remember which one it was, but he made a couple of good points. 

First, Shrout's team was so so - 8-4 and not a lot of offensive talent other than Shrout, according to the analyst.  Shrout threw the football some 415 times in 12 games, which is a ton, and tried to force passes to make things happen because his team pretty much had to take some chances.  35 times a game in high school is way more than most. 

To give you a perspective, Maryville's all state QB Dylan Hopkins threw 226 passes in 14 games (he missed the regular season game at Oakland with a shoulder stinger) with 19 TDs and 4 INTs. That's 16 times per game, vs. Shrouts' 35.  35 is just a huge number in high school football. 

I'm not really worried about the INT number.  He'll be coached better in college.  If he doesn't learn not to force it, he doesn't play.  It's that simple. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: