VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:45:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scary thought  (Read 3116 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:02 EST »

What if Schiano was down Christie's list also.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:13:10 EST »

JMO but I do not think Currie has a list except the one Haslam has given him. If the people in the AD office had done any vetting during the background check on GS, they would have addressed this. No this looks like a hire that Big Jim H. wanted so Currie jumped as high as ordered to to hire him.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 05:22:57 EST »

JMO but I do not think Currie has a list except the one Haslam has given him. If the people in the AD office had done any vetting during the background check on GS, they would have addressed this. No this looks like a hire that Big Jim H. wanted so Currie jumped as high as ordered to to hire him.

Well I hope so...the thought that Schiano may be the best we can get at this point is simply awful.

I hope going forward what happened today does not hurt our chances to do better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:15:46 EST »

Finebaum was on First Take this morning and said Schiano was the 3rd or 4th choice for the Vols. Take that for what its worth. I wonder...who was the first and second choice.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:28:03 EST »

Finebaum was on First Take this morning and said Schiano was the 3rd or 4th choice for the Vols. Take that for what its worth. I wonder...who was the first and second choice.
your. America board name Phylis?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:34:44 EST »

your. America board name Phylis?
For someone that claims to know all things Vol, you sure are all over the page. Just Saturday you were honking about how Currie was doing it the right way. What a difference a day makes. For your info I was watching First Take and they happened to ask Finebaum about this and other SEC stuff. Who were their first two coaching choices then Carnack?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:42:40 EST »

For someone that claims to know all things Vol, you sure are all over the page. Just Saturday you were honking about how Currie was doing it the right way. What a difference a day makes. For your info I was watching First Take and they happened to ask Finebaum about this and other SEC stuff. Who were their first two coaching choices then Carnack?

I have heard Mullen and Campbell from MSM sources that usually are correct.

That doesn't mean we are stuck with someone like Schiano or worse.

And for the record, I would trust the sources I mention above over Finebaum any day.  He's basically been an unofficial PR flack for bammer for 15 years.  Once he figured out how profitable sucking up to ignorant bammer trash was, he transformed from a hard hitting journalist who would say anything about anybody to a professional bammer taint licker.  I have zero respect for him.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 07:55:04 EST »

I was being sarcastic above. Does anyone ever really know what is going other than the ones actually involved. There are just so many different stories around every issue. Crap I didn't see it getting this bad and totally expected a good solid hire to be announced today or a least this week.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 07:58:27 EST »

I was being sarcastic above. Does anyone ever really know what is going other than the ones actually involved. There are just so many different stories around every issue. Crap I didn't see it getting this bad and totally expected a good solid hire to be announced today or a least this week.

So you say. I think you are hoping more bad shizzle happens so you can complain even more loudly. 

26-14 baby!   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: