VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:20:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVa really is all or nothing  (Read 935 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2021, 03:52:07 EDT »

In the last three tournaments:

2018: Lost in first round to a 16 seed
2019: Won National Title
2021: Lost in first round to a 13 seed

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 03:56:21 EDT »

Amazing. Lost 1st round as a 1 seed; won it all as a 1 seed; lost 1st round as a 4 seed.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 04:01:35 EDT »

This year I'd give UVA a pass....They haven't been able to practice for a week due to Covid issues. Didn't even arrive at the tournament site until late last night.....had team covid testing at 1am this morning....Had a shoot around this morning and were missing some players due to covid. This morning due to all this, some of the talking heads said they wouldn't be surprised if Ohio upset them.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 05:01:59 EDT »

This year I'd give UVA a pass....They haven't been able to practice for a week due to Covid issues. Didn't even arrive at the tournament site until late last night.....had team covid testing at 1am this morning....Had a shoot around this morning and were missing some players due to covid. This morning due to all this, some of the talking heads said they wouldn't be surprised if Ohio upset them.

Yes, they were doomed from the beginning. I picked them to beat Ohio but not to win another game because of their problems. Right after I posted my picks I heard a talking head saying that Ohio could be a problem against UVA. I started to change my pick but I was too lazy to do it. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 04:22:08 EDT »

In the last three tournaments:

2018: Lost in first round to a 16 seed
2019: Won National Title
2021: Lost in first round to a 13 seed

I have a colleague whose wife is a UVA grad (interestingly he went to VTI).  I saw her in May or June of 2019 at a social outing and congratulated her on VA redeeming itself. She proceeded to get all butt hurt and start spouting about how it's not that big a deal for a 16 seed to beat a 1 seed.  It was funny because my only intent was to congratulate her on the championship.

Makes me want to mention this latest game to her.     But nah, her husband is a good buddy.  Can't do it.  Tempting though. 

What was really funny is that she was so illogical about it.  I pointed out that in the entire history of the 64-game tourney no # seed had ever lost (going back to 1982!).  She then brought up the play-in games.  But funny thing, those don't count in the brackets.  I could have pointed that out to her but ... I do value my friendship with her husband. lol

Ohhh...if I run into her again....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: