VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 02:39:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stats  (Read 1167 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2021, 03:40:08 EDT »

We shot 2 more FTs than they did.....Look at the shooting % and the 3 point shooting % and you'll see why we got $hit kicked.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:55:43 EDT »

Also telling is that assists were 20-10 in their favor. We played a lot more “me” ball than they did.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 04:50:50 EDT »

Just no offensive plan whatsoever.  No backup plan or adjustments if the shots aren't falling.  You'd think a $5 mil/yr coach would have SOME form of answer, but it was the story all year. 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 04:53:17 EDT »

No PG is like having no QB. Different sports but they yield the same results.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 05:27:57 EDT »

No PG is like having no QB. Different sports but they yield the same results.

Yep...and blame Barnes for it. I've watched mid-majors yesterday and today......all year...last year.... that have damn PGs and post players and our 5 million top 5 in the country paid coach can't beg...borrow or steal either one.

Barnes needs a class in math....3 points is more than 2 and 3 foot 2 pointers are much easier than 15 foot 2 pointers. And he needs to understand he has too much dead weight sitting on the bench taking up scholarships.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 04:49:37 EDT »

Yep...and blame Barnes for it. I've watched mid-majors yesterday and today......all year...last year.... that have damn PGs and post players and our 5 million top 5 in the country paid coach can't beg...borrow or steal either one.

Barnes needs a class in math....3 points is more than 2 and 3 foot 2 pointers are much easier than 15 foot 2 pointers. And he needs to understand he has too much dead weight sitting on the bench taking up scholarships.
But when I have said the same thing for the last few years about Barnes I'm crazy. It is just frustrating to have a whole team that can't shoot when we are at a time when you got to have some good 3 shooters on your team to be successful. Didn't these guys shoot and score well in HS? Why can't they now?

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 08:09:25 EDT »

This team just couldn't seem to get it together this year. How many truly "good" games did they play? Over 5 or under 5. Did the 5* players impress you as much as you thought they would? Are any of them All-SEC? Should they stay another year? I saw a lot of other freshmen on other teams play a lot better. How do you get/recruit a team than can't shoot when today's game is about shooting? Especially 3's.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: