VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 10:44:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lotta rumors floating around that Peyton  (Read 5784 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:26:28 EDT »

is gonna be a Titan. Just saw a story in Denver Post that they are worried he is slipping away from the Broncos.  Come home Peyton!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:39:25 EDT »

At this point I'm really hoping it's gonna happen.  I think I'd really like to have a reason to be interested in the Titans.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:46:59 EDT »

At this point I'm really hoping it's gonna happen.  I think I'd really like to have a reason to be interested in the Titans.

The Titans desperately need him,  they are the boringest team in the NFL.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 01:53:25 EDT »

The Titans desperately need him,  they are the boringest team in the NFL.

There are a lot of boring teams in the NFL. I don't think that generalization is true and haven't for several years. But they DESPERATELY need a player like Peyton to put them over the top and to rally the fan base.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:06:58 EDT »

There are a lot of boring teams in the NFL. I don't think that generalization is true and haven't for several years. But they DESPERATELY need a player like Peyton to put them over the top and to rally the fan base.

I will amend it to say they are among the most boring.  I attribute most of that to the poor QB play the last few years.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:25:44 EDT »

I will amend it to say they are among the most boring.  I attribute most of that to the poor QB play the last few years.

That I can't argue with.

Heimerdinger's McNair teams were fun to watch. But since then... well, any team with pedestrian QB play is going to be pretty boring. Peyton would be a huge shot in the arm.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:01:46 EDT »

If he does go to the Titans, they should schedule a preseason game at Neyland.  That game might draw a bigger crowd than any UT game next season.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:21 EDT »

If he does go to the Titans, they should schedule a preseason game at Neyland.  That game might draw a bigger crowd than any UT game next season.

Peyton's Titan jersey would explode in sales in this state.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:41:05 EDT »

I don't know much about the Titans. Do they have a pretty good Oline that would protect Peyton? Any good recievers? What's their defense like?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:46:21 EDT »

I don't know much about the Titans. Do they have a pretty good Oline that would protect Peyton? Any good recievers? What's their defense like?

Oline is good but could use an upgrade at center. They are talking to Scott wells.

They have a solid group of receivers. Kenny Britt is great if he can stay healthy and Nate Washington had 1000 yards last year.

On D they could use a pass rushing end and a corner but they have some young talent.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 05:14:03 EDT »

Oline is good but could use an upgrade at center. They are talking to Scott wells.

They have a solid group of receivers. Kenny Britt is great if he can stay healthy and Nate Washington had 1000 yards last year.

On D they could use a pass rushing end and a corner but they have some young talent.

They can probably get Jeff Saturday if they want.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 06:59:10 EDT »

AP story in the Knoxville paper is positive, maybe:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/mar/14/titans-execs-leave-for-expected-manning-meeting/

The fans are coming out & Adams is making a push.

G
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 06:20:09 EDT »

They can probably get Jeff Saturday if they want.

The guy from Houston or Scott Wells makes much more sense because they are just as good and younger.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 06:34:35 EDT »

The guy from Houston or Scott Wells makes much more sense because they are just as good and younger.

Not as familar with Peyton though, and Peyton won't be around long either.

I would be surprised to see it though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: