VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 06:01:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley has been fired, per the radio just now.  (Read 5084 times)
VOLcano
Starter

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:48 EST »

Can't say I'm sorry to hear it...buh-bye.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:51 EST »

Citing who? There are a lot of incorrect reports circulating right now. Someone (Basilio, I think but ICBW) tweeted earlier that Hart was meeting with the "entire" football staff. Turns out, he was at Regal Stadium for the Lady Vols soccer game.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:36:17 EST »

Rick Russo at WVLT tweeted this: "Sources in UT program tell me nothing imminent on coach Dooley at this time and as stated Dave Hart plans to evaluate staff at season's end."
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:36:52 EST »

Rick Russo at WVLT tweeted this: "Sources in UT program tell me nothing imminent on coach Dooley at this time and as stated Dave Hart plans to evaluate staff at season's end."

The painful wait continues!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VOLcano
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:39:52 EST »

Radio said per Volquest and Rivals.com
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:32 EST »

Radio said per Volquest and Rivals.com

Lord,I hope so! I'm tired of the wait and all the rumors going around

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 11:43:56 EST »

Lord,I hope so! I'm tired of the wait and all the rumors going around

Amen!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 11:46:52 EST »

I read it from Lyn's post on fb. You take your life into your hands by questioning that.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 12:30:28 EST »

Basically Volquest and 247 are saying that he's done but no announcement yet. He has NOT been fired. People are taking the reports out of context.

What Brent and Rucker are saying is, it's not a question of if he's fired, it's a question of when he'll be fired.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:17 EST »

SI.com's tracking blog is reporting this

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 12:46:37 EST »

FeelsLike98 tweeted earlier that an announcement is coming tomorrow. I think that's a case of them simply playing the odds.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:34 EST »

FeelsLike98 tweeted earlier that an announcement is coming tomorrow. I think that's a case of them simply playing the odds.

I am 99% sure that he has a source that he trusts. That doesn't mean it is right. FL98 is going to report everything they hear because that's what they want to do. From a recent FL98 blog post / article:

I shall preface the following with a quick statement about how we operate. FeelsLike98 receives information from various sources who are in a position to have knowledge of various situations involving the athletic program at The University of Tennessee. We receive the latest buzz and attempt to relay it as quickly as possible. We do this to provide you the reader with potential news before it is released in the form of a press release from credentialed media. In doing that, we run the risk of these fluid scenarios going a different direction. One that comes to mind is the Randy Shannon story. We ran with that one quickly as an attempt to "break" another story when only a verbal agreement was in place. As I have learned in this industry, verbal agreements are subject to change (see: the planned dismissal of Derek Dooley this week that changed before the sun came up Monday morning). We are not going to change our business model, but have certainly learned to research stories a little better.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 01:40:27 EST »

I read it from Lyn's post on fb. You take your life into your hands by questioning that.

I said "reported by volquest" :)
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 02:14:49 EST »

Yes, you did say that. But when you post it, it makes it more real. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: