VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 05:30:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How great would CP be in a spread-type offense?  (Read 4492 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:59:48 EST »

Droool....

It seems unlikely, but that is an incentive Jones can offer.

The only way I see it happening is if CP is actually not a 1st-rounder.  One of the sites I checked listed him as the 12 pick, but it will depend on what the actual eval says.  If somehow he is low 2nd or 3rd round, there is a good chance he stays.

Quick!  Pay the scouts off now!  LOL.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:37 EST »

CP isn't likely going to have the option of coming back.  Academics are an issue. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:06:04 EST »

CP isn't likely going to have the option of coming back.  Academics are an issue. 

I have heard that. But until it's announced, I can have hope, I guess.

Even then, is it salvageable?  Assuming he does drop a couple rounds, surely he can get his shizzle together over the summer? 

Whether he is the type to try and salvage the grades is besides the point...just want to know if it's possible.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:06:33 EST »

I'm not sure we even would've seen CP at a bowl game, much less next year.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:11:19 EST »

I'm not sure we even would've seen CP at a bowl game, much less next year.

Which is exactly what I understand would have been the case. 

I don't see him returning to school in January, much less playing football for UT next fall. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:47 EST »

Which is exactly what I understand would have been the case. 

I don't see him returning to school in January, much less playing football for UT next fall. 

Yeah, yeah, I've heard all that, and also that he doesn't like school at all and could give a rat's ass if he gets a degree or not.

Hopefully he has enough sense to enroll in school and wait for the NFL eval that rates his chances officially.  He'd have to be a huge fool not to, IMO.

101stDad
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:21 EST »

Yeah, yeah, I've heard all that, and also that he doesn't like school at all and could give a rat's ass if he gets a degree or not.

Hopefully he has enough sense to enroll in school and wait for the NFL eval that rates his chances officially.  He'd have to be a huge fool not to, IMO.

I'll just say this and be done with it - there is a reason he had to go the juco route, and it had nothing to do with his talent. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 08:25:47 EST »

I'll just say this and be done with it - there is a reason he had to go the juco route, and it had nothing to do with his talent. 

Yes, I have heard this also.

So maybe what you are saying is it doesn't matter if he stays in school or not, he might not hack the classes over the summer or whatever.

Well that's what coaches and tutors are for.  The new HC needs to convince him to enroll in January just to cover his bets, and the tutors need to kick in, get him as easy a schedule as possible, and make sure he passes the min.

We got Travis Henry through school.  It can't be that hard.   

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 08:26:38 EST »

This is probably the most difficult thing about college athletics. Not everybody is college material and so a substantial number of these athletes would never, ever have gone to college (regardless of financial means) without sports and then find themselves in a position to try to stay afloat in an academic environment that they aren't cut out for. Fans make fun of other schools whose players don't seem terribly bright but it's a real challenge for any program to keep a number of its players in good academic standing.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:42 EST »

Yes, I have heard this also.

So maybe what you are saying is it doesn't matter if he stays in school or not, he might not hack the classes over the summer or whatever.

Well that's what coaches and tutors are for.  The new HC needs to convince him to enroll in January just to cover his bets, and the tutors need to kick in, get him as easy a schedule as possible, and make sure he passes the min.

We got Travis Henry through school.  It can't be that hard.   

Don't get me wrong.  I would LOVE to see CP back.  Especially in light of rumored APR difficulties, every little bit helps and CP is a magician on the field. Would make a huge difference..... Just not optimistic.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 08:31:43 EST »

Don't get me wrong.  I would LOVE to see CP back.  Especially in light of rumored APR difficulties, every little bit helps and CP is a magician on the field. Would make a huge difference..... Just not optimistic.

No, me either.  I expect he is a legit first-rounder and will be gone.

But if he's not, then I hope he has enough sense to hedge his bets.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 08:41:46 EST »

No, me either.  I expect he is a legit first-rounder and will be gone.

But if he's not, then I hope he has enough sense to hedge his bets.

If he did he would have went to class this year so it would be an option. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:14 EST »

If he did he would have went to class this year so it would be an option. 

I know, I know.  IF you believe the reports.

Trust me, I am not in any way implying he is likely to be back.  It's just fun to think what we could do with him in the spread, is all.  That would be incredible.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:56 EST »

I know, I know.  IF you believe the reports.

Trust me, I am not in any way implying he is likely to be back.  It's just fun to think what we could do with him in the spread, is all.  That would be incredible.

It would be like a video game.  He needs another year to refine his route running but he will be a high pick regardless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: