VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 06:51:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison Bailey to the portal.........  (Read 1346 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2021, 10:46:57 EDT »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/tennessee-qb-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/?fbclid=IwAR1bYjklbOSQT-AQJ15Cm-XUYu4IBGeOs3W-J1v8mfriO3lUcBePXvw_Eq0
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:25:09 EDT »

Odd he does it now....That leaves us two QB's for 5 possible games left.

Need QB's in this class.....we have lost 3 in the past 10 months.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 12:20:28 EDT »

Yes odd timing

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 12:25:40 EDT »

It's timed to match his availability at the end of the current school session
Thoughts of supporting his "brothers" is apparently not high in his priorities

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:01:41 EDT »

As I understand it, this means that we cannot fill his spot with one of the 7 extra options that the NCAA approved. Players must opt out after the semester for the spot to be open for a replacement. Am I understanding correctly?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 01:11:38 EDT »

As I understand it, this means that we cannot fill his spot with one of the 7 extra options that the NCAA approved. Players must opt out after the semester for the spot to be open for a replacement. Am I understanding correctly?
Yep, really supporting his "brothers"

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 01:18:17 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 01:44:39 EDT »

when you have Milton play like he has this season and that way at Michigan and pull the dumbest play I've ever witnessed from a 4th year QB against Ole Miss and Bailey is still 3rd behind that, then something is bad wrong somewhere.....Leaving this time of the season leads me to believe he's been contacted by someone.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 01:47:30 EDT »

when you have Milton play like he has this season and that way at Michigan and pull the dumbest play I've ever witnessed from a 4th year QB against Ole Miss and Bailey is still 3rd behind that, then something is bad wrong somewhere.....Leaving this time of the season leads me to believe he's been contacted by someone.

I tend to agree. I get that HB isn't as good a QB as we'd all hoped he would be, but he just clearly doesn't fit what Josh Heupel wants in a QB and when Milton trots out ahead of him after the way Milton has played, I can't blame him too much for transferring even in the middle of the season. That would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 01:57:53 EDT »

I tend to agree. I get that HB isn't as good a QB as we'd all hoped he would be, but he just clearly doesn't fit what Josh Heupel wants in a QB and when Milton trots out ahead of him after the way Milton has played, I can't blame him too much for transferring even in the middle of the season. That would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

I've supported HB since he committed....watched him play 6-7 times his Jr and senior years in high school.....He stayed true and committed to UT and even tried to recruit kids to UT....and he stuck through all the Pruitt cluster....a new coach and system change.....I wish him nothing but the best.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 02:08:48 EDT »

I wish the young man the best of luck.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 02:44:24 EDT »

I've supported HB since he committed....watched him play 6-7 times his Jr and senior years in high school.....He stayed true and committed to UT and even tried to recruit kids to UT....and he stuck through all the Pruitt cluster....a new coach and system change.....I wish him nothing but the best.

He's got the High School resume' while Milton has a history of 'I guess deer in the headlights syndrome' or maybe it's 'flight not fight'. It is and is supposed to be all about the kids... The guy is going to have four full years of eligibility... it is just right for him to go. It's disturbing to think that we might have to at some point turn the keys over to Milton once again. They obviously need to do some tweaking the mechanism of the portal. The portal is good for the kids... not so good for struggling and perennially weak programs. I wish him luck as well... can't say as much for Henry ut oh. Needed the kid and he got the playing time and was integral to the program.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 03:09:40 EDT »

Yep, really supporting his "brothers"

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period).

fizzle him. Huepel (or is it Heupel?   ) brought a qb with him from UCF. I seriously doubt he would be worse than Bailey in this offense. Bailey is slowwww. If it gets to 3rd string qb, we are fizzleed anyway.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 03:23:20 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 03:28:16 EDT »

We have our pick between Gaston Moore, or Sully McDermott as 3rd team qb       
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 08:50:05 EDT »

Maybe we can borrow a page from junior and use a grad assistant, lol

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: