VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 12:18:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lane Kiffin...  (Read 1621 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2017, 02:58:48 EDT »

...says "hi!"   

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/10/30/lane-kiffin-tennessees-not-far-off/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:13:42 EDT »

fizzle him.  early and often.  And fizzle the misguided fans that wanted a guy like him over Fulmer.  If you're going to jettison an MNC winner with a nearly 0.700 win percentage, you gotta do better than Lane.

I do agree with his last few sentances though.

Despite the situation Tennessee is in now, however, Kiffin does believe the Vols aren’t that far away from being back in the thick of things in the SEC and nationally.

“Tennessee’s not that far off,” he said. “It was only two years ago that (Alabama) went down to the wire with (Tennessee). Coach Jones had them rolling last year early on. They got some big wins.

“They’re not as far off as I think some people talk about. They can definitely win.”

Kiffin likened Tennessee’s current situation to what Alabama was going through a decade ago before they hired Nick Saban. And he believes the Vols will eventually get “back.”

“They were having the same conversations on the radio at Alabama 10 years ago,” Kiffin said. “‘Are we relevant anymore? We’ve been down a while.’ Then you hire Coach Saban and everything has changed.

(Tennessee) will be back; it’s just a matter of time and when.”

I agree.  This season is an unmitigated pile of shizzle, but it could turn around really quickly.  IMO....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:35:12 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:33:55 EDT »

fizzle him.  early and often.  And fizzle the misguided fans that wanted a guy like him over Fulmer.  If you're going to jettison an MNC winner with a nearly 0.700 win percentage, you gotta do better than Lane.

I do agree with his last few sentances though.

Despite the situation Tennessee is in now, however, Kiffin does believe the Vols aren’t that far away from being back in the thick of things in the SEC and nationally.

“Tennessee’s not that far off,” he said. “It was only two years ago that (Alabama) went down to the wire with (Tennessee). Coach Jones had them rolling last year early on. They got some big wins.

“They’re not as far off as I think some people talk about. They can definitely win.”

Kiffin likened Tennessee’s current situation to what Alabama was going through a decade ago before they hired Nick Saban. And he believes the Vols will eventually get “back.”

“They were having the same conversations on the radio at Alabama 10 years ago,” Kiffin said. “‘Are we relevant anymore? We’ve been down a while.’ Then you hire Coach Saban and everything has changed.

(Tennessee) will be back; it’s just a matter of time and when.”

I agree.  This season is an unmitigated pile of shizzle, but it could turn around really quickly.  IMO....

All we have been needing is someone to coach them up.  Maybe we can keep BuJo on as recruiting Coordinator or Leadership Coordinator or Recruiting Leadership Rep Coordinator. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 08:36:06 EDT »

All we have been needing is someone to coach them up.  Maybe we can keep BuJo on as recruiting Coordinator or Leadership Coordinator or Recruiting Leadership Rep Coordinator. 

Head cheer leader?   

He is decent recruiter and organizer.  Just doesn't have the game day skills.

I don't think Kiffin is the answer by any means though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: