VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 04:06:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the thing on Tuttle I reference  (Read 6557 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:18 EDT »

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-vols-shy-tuttle

From this summer....when I read the following, it sounds to me like, unfortunately, his two injuries might be one too many.   

A badly broken leg, followed by "tore multiple ligaments".  Unfortunately he may never be the same.   

Tuttle tore multiple ligaments in his knee during Tennessee’s 24-21 loss to South Carolina last October — one year after a fractured leg against Georgia ended his freshman campaign.

Tuttle got out of a walking boot in May, and he’s back going through limited portions of the workouts.

Jones said Tennessee isn’t putting a timetable on Tuttle because it’s all about how quickly he heals, and the Vols aren’t going to take any risks rushing it.

“It’s when his body is ready to go, and he has to continue to do his due diligence like he has, but you can’t put a timeframe or rush his body,” Jones said. “We know he’s doing everything possible and our training staff is doing everything possible, as well.”

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:54:11 EDT »

Tuttle's injury is new, and has nothing to do with football, unfortunately.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:04:23 EDT »

I've heard broken hand.  I know some of the little bones never heal if broken...but.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:39 EDT »

I've heard broken hand.  I know some of the little bones never heal if broken...but.   

Not the issue.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 07:20:16 EDT »

The word on other message boards is he may have a fractured eyesocket. I really don't understand why folks don't just state what they have heard rather than arcane suggestion. What difference does it make? Its a sports message board. Jeez.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:26:09 EDT »

The word on other message boards is he may have a fractured eyesocket. I really don't understand why folks don't just state what they have heard rather than arcane suggestion. What difference does it make? Its a sports message board. Jeez.

Yeah, I don't get the secrecy either.  
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 07:31:13 EDT »

According to Jones, he expects Tuttle to play
As he does Robertson
Berry out again
Wolf unknown status, which usually means in Jones speak that he doesn't play

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 08:33:32 EDT »

The question about secrecy sounds like a good one for Butch Jones.

But, instead, when Jimmy Hyams asked him about it today, Butch launched into a tirade about irresponsible reporters, drama, fake news, negative recruiting and said "enough is enough."

Because, you know, Jimmy asked about an injured player.

Our head coach is an embarrassment.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 08:50:05 EDT »

But, instead, when Jimmy Hyams asked him about it today, Butch launched into a tirade about irresponsible reporters, drama, fake news, negative recruiting and said "enough is enough."

I was actually talking about here on VTTW.  Just seems like several were suggesting they knew more about what happened with Tuttle than they were willing to say.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:13 EDT »

I was actually talking about here on VTTW.  Just seems like several were suggesting they knew more about what happened with Tuttle than they were willing to say.

Oh I know what you were saying. I was just using your comment (actually, Joe's) to make a point.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 10:14:40 EDT »

Jones said Tuttle fell on a helmet
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:40 EDT »

Jones thinks the entire UT fan base is made up of idiots.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 01:27:26 EDT »

He should've said nothing at all or "no comment".
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 04:44:38 EDT »

Jones thinks the entire UT fan base is made up of idiots.

Hmmmmm.....he's right to an embarrassingly large percentage, unfortunately.   

Each reader can decide for himself what the right number is.

Mine is between 30 and 40%.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 04:48:16 EDT »

Well I'm going to say all the innuendo and rumors about a fight between players is the internet at it's worst, the dark seamy side.  And I don't blame Butch for being pissed about that at all.  Social media does have a very large downside.

Agree with Vinnie that "no comment" would have been better.

I mean, what do you guys expect, a blow by blow account?  A special DVD with commentary?  A pay per view????  That might be a good way to pay for Jones' buyout I suppose.   

Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:47 EDT »

Well I'm going to say all the innuendo and rumors about a fight between players is the internet at it's worst, the dark seamy side.  And I don't blame Butch for being pissed about that at all.  Social media does have a very large downside.

Agree with Vinnie that "no comment" would have been better.

I mean, what do you guys expect, a blow by blow account?  A special DVD with commentary?  A pay per view????  That might be a good way to pay for Jones' buyout I suppose.   

I seriously doubt anyone expected Butch Jones to say, "Hey, Shy Tuttle got into a fight with one of our DBs who is a fan favorite. He fractured his eye socket and it's a freakin' wonder he didn't lose his eye. What can I say guys? We have discontent in the locker room." But Butch had to know that he was going to get asked about it. He's been in the SEC five years now. He's not THAT oblivious to how things work. The question was going to get asked. If he's not prepared to answer, that's on him. I mean, it isn't as if it was one of the muckrakers who asked the question (although Adams tried). It was Hyams.

What Butch should have done was to be coy about it. Say it's been handled internally and the team is ready to move on. I mean, holy smokes...it isn't as if similar questions haven't been answered a thousand times by other coaches. Instead, he alludes to the fight ("Football is an emotional game, it's a competitive game"). Then he turns around and says, "The injury was caused not by a teammate. He landed on a helmet. That’s the truth." That was just about the worst possible thing he could've said. There are a lot of ways to skirt the question without really saying anything. Telling a blatant, laughable lie is not one of those ways. Then he compounded it by throwing one of the few allies he has remaining among the UT beat writers under the bus.

Think about this: Florida had 3 players charged with felonies today. One of them told his girlfriend that an agent gave him the money he was using to buy stuff for her. And that was not the lead story on Finebaum, because it was bumped by the Butch story. He just loaded a 12-gauge shotgun and blew his danged foot off. TnPhil is more right than he knows when he compares Butch to Trump. Get him off script and he is his own worst enemy.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 05:23:49 EDT »

I seriously doubt anyone expected Butch Jones to say, "Hey, Shy Tuttle got into a fight with one of our DBs who is a fan favorite. He fractured his eye socket and it's a freakin' wonder he didn't lose his eye. What can I say guys? We have discontent in the locker room." But Butch had to know that he was going to get asked about it. He's been in the SEC five years now. He's not THAT oblivious to how things work. The question was going to get asked. If he's not prepared to answer, that's on him. I mean, it isn't as if it was one of the muckrakers who asked the question (although Adams tried). It was Hyams.

What Butch should have done was to be coy about it. Say it's been handled internally and the team is ready to move on. I mean, holy smokes...it isn't as if similar questions haven't been answered a thousand times by other coaches. Instead, he alludes to the fight ("Football is an emotional game, it's a competitive game"). Then he turns around and says, "The injury was caused not by a teammate. He landed on a helmet. That’s the truth." That was just about the worst possible thing he could've said. There are a lot of ways to skirt the question without really saying anything. Telling a blatant, laughable lie is not one of those ways. Then he compounded it by throwing one of the few allies he has remaining among the UT beat writers under the bus.

Think about this: Florida had 3 players charged with felonies today. One of them told his girlfriend that an agent gave him the money he was using to buy stuff for her. And that was not the lead story on Finebaum, because it was bumped by the Butch story. He just loaded a 12-gauge shotgun and blew his danged foot off. TnPhil is more right than he knows when he compares Butch to Trump. Get him off script and he is his own worst enemy.

Fair enough.  But are you a mind reader?  A fly in the locker room?  You are making a huge logic jump to "discontent" from two players getting in a fight.  Football players get in fights sometimes.  If it was in fact a DB (over the weekend it was Robertson, supposedly), then where is the discontent?  Is a DB taking Tuttle's snaps at DT?      Makes no sense.

I agree with the part where Butch implies football players tend to get in fights.  It does happen, and it happens at all levels.  Just last season a player from my alma mater HS left the team in preaseason after getting punched. 

As for Jones' other comments, he did shoot himself in the foot, I agree, which is regrettable.  But you know, Tuttle may well have fell on the helmet during a fight...that would not surprise me.  But even if so, Butch sure did try to spin it. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: