VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 09:47:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Thread: Mizzou  (Read 5426 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2019, 06:20:49 EST »

Good fizzleing gracious, that was a horrible sack taken by Gitmo.  Don't stare at the fizzleing headlights.  Wake the fizzle up Gitmo.  It is fizzleing mind boggling how many times we have shot and kicked ourselves in the foot this game.  At times playing so well, but still onb the edge of fizzleing losing it.

We dominated statistically but made enough mistakes to keep it close. Two blocked kicks and ANOTHER fizzleING FOURTH QUARTER FUMBLE.  The fumble definitely set me off, should have learned from last week.   

I hope Jordon runs every single step in Neyland this week.   

Looking forward to the BEAT DOWN of Vandy next week.  Plan to be there.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2019, 06:26:30 EST »

I'd love to go, but I will be watching from home.  It should be a more relaxing game to watch than this one!  Let us hope   I'm so excited to watch the Big Orange on the gridiron during the holidays - I don't know why, but it seems like an eternity since our last bowl game.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2019, 06:39:11 EST »

I'd love to go, but I will be watching from home.  It should be a more relaxing game to watch than this one!  Let us hope   I'm so excited to watch the Big Orange on the gridiron during the holidays - I don't know why, but it seems like an eternity since our last bowl game.

I'm going to be in Knoxville for Thanksgiving anyway, so plan to go.

As for why it seems so long, well three years is a pretty long time.  But more than that, I think the nature of the three years factors in.  The really shizzlety play at the end of 2016, the total collapse and first 8 loss season in 2017, and the last two really ugly games last season to miss a bowl are unprecedented at UT, unless you go back to pre-1920.  The absolute wretchedness of those 2.5 seasons definitely makes it seem longer.

I attended the last bowl we went to, Music City vs Nebraska, a really nice win.  Only the second bowl I have attended.  Likely won't make it this year, but will try to watch on TV.   If it's the Gator Bowl, I will be in Israel that week.  Leaving on the 29th, which I think rules out most any bowl the Vols would go to.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 06:08:39 EST »

We dominated statistically but made enough mistakes to keep it close. Two blocked kicks and ANOTHER fizzleING FOURTH QUARTER FUMBLE.  The fumble definitely set me off, should have learned from last week.   

I hope Jordon runs every single step in Neyland this week.   

Looking forward to the BEAT DOWN of Vandy next week.  Plan to be there.   

Stats say we won that game by 3 TDs not 4 points. Need to clean the mental and shooting ourselves in the foot up going forward. These heartbreak kids are not good for ones health.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: