VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 11:35:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doug Fluties parents die on the same day today. That is just unbelievably sad.  (Read 2572 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:45:46 EST »

Wow!http://m.wcvb.com/news/doug-fluties-parents-die-on-same-day/36526436

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:51:19 EST »

Man!!! Thoughts and prayers to him....

I lost my Dad back in August and that's been bad enough....can't imagine both.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:57:56 EST »

Both of mine are gone. Can't imagine this.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 01:24:06 EST »

Wow, that's crazy.  I am fortunate that both parents are still alive, so I can't even imagine what he is going through.

I did have an elderly neighbor pass away last year an two months later his wife also passed.  He had been in really bad health for a couple years but she was relatively healthy.  I think she may have lost her will to live when he passed though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:26 EST »

This same type of thing happened to my great grand parents.  My great grand father had a heart attack while swimming at Watts Bar Lake and drowned.  My great grand mother passed away the next day.  They left behind 5 daughters (one of which was my mamaw) and 2 sons and a pretty nice dairy farm in the heart of the Tennessee valley.

My mom's brother was a bit of a gadget freak and back in those days he had a Super 8mm movie camera.  He shot some film of a Thanksgiving get together we had where my great grand parents were holding me (I was 5 months old).  They both passed away the following summer.  That was the only time we were together, as my parents lived on the other side of the state.  I don't really have any memories of them, of course, but that video my uncle shot is kinda like a memory 'substitute'.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: