VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:46:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One more reason we don't want the Liberty Bowl  (Read 2906 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:39:01 EST »

Memphis has been invaded by spiders.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/24/us/tennessee-spider-invasion-feat/index.html?sr=fbCNN112415tennessee-spider-invasion-feat0345PMVODtopLink&linkId=19012584

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 03:52:17 EST »

lol

There is zero chance we go to the Liberty Bowl unless maybe we screw up against vandy

If we went to the Gator/Taxlslayer bowl last year at 6-6, we aren't going lower than that at 8-4

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 04:17:27 EST »

I hate spiders. Memphis is dead to me...lol

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:20:22 EST »

In theory, the LIberty is still in play.  It's in the group of 6 bowls that are considered "equal" in the eyes of the SEC and we're solidly in that group.  We got the Gator bowl last year (VERY unexpectedly, I might add) because we hadn't been bowling in a while, our fanbase was energized, and they knew we'd sell a ton of tickets, which we did.  Recall that even up to selection day, we saw Memphis and Nashville as best case scenarios, with Birmingham and Shreveport (the bottom two SEC bowls, outside the group of six) just as likely.  Jacksonville wasn't even on our radar.  The SEC negotiates with the bowls for these slots, and the schools themselves have very little input.

Anyway, I THINK our fan support is still at the point that we'll get an "overnight destination" instead of just a day trip to Nashville or Memphis.  But there are no guarantees.  Remember, too, that the SEC has a new commish, and he may handle this differently than Slive did.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 05:37:23 EST »

Are these the giant SyFy network brand of spiders? Or....
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 05:39:36 EST »

Are these the giant SyFy network brand of spiders? Or....

We should probably ask CO.  He's the resident arachnid enthusiast.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 09:31:55 EST »

In theory, the LIberty is still in play.  

Only in theory   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: