VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 08:42:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BDV are you watching the new season of Fargo?  (Read 3588 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:57 EST »

It's much better than last year, IMO, and last year was really good.

I was surprised tomorrow night is the next to last show.  Thought there were a few more episodes, but it's been so good I don't mind them stopping at ten.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:17:51 EST »

Yep, again it's the best thing on TV this year.  I would say last season was a tad better, just because BBT was so good as the bad guy.  But it's still terrific.  Nick Offerman was born to be on this show.  I hope they find a way to bring him back in future seasons.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:07:32 EST »

Yep, again it's the best thing on TV this year.  I would say last season was a tad better, just because BBT was so good as the bad guy.  But it's still terrific.  Nick Offerman was born to be on this show.  I hope they find a way to bring him back in future seasons.

I thought BBT was a little too over the top last year. Kind of like Rambo mowing down all the Vietnamese in Rambo 2.  A bit too good to be believable as a hit man.  But other than that, Season 1 was great.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 03:11:24 EST »

Great show.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 04:51:33 EST »

Season 1 was a solid A. Season 2 is an A+.

BBT's performance was superb and there isn't one character in this season quite at that level, but the story and ensemble of characters are better IMO.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:52:58 EST »

What is up with the alien slant to the story? I like this season a lot. Last nights aliens made it a little too goofy though. I'm lost about their relativity to the show. I know they were mentioned in an early episode.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:52 EST »

What is up with the alien slant to the story? I like this season a lot. Last nights aliens made it a little too goofy though. I'm lost about their relativity to the show. I know they were mentioned in an early episode.

Agree.  That one threw me as well, but overall it was minor and didn't distract that much from the main plot, thankfully.

I was a bit surprised they wrapped up the Gerhardt side, so to speak, so quickly and also that the Indian is playing such a prominent role.

The Indian character ends up being like BBT in the first show, the completely amoral, seemingly indestructible character that is almost more demon than human.

Should be a good finale.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 02:10:18 EST »

Just watched last night's show.  The UFO thing was...weird.  But if you recall, they had a couple "supernatural" elements last season, as well.  Rmember the dead fish falling from the sky?  It makes me wonder if, even though these seasons are more or less self-contained, there's not some common thread linking them together.  Aliens, demons, something.

Fargo's showrunner Noah Hawley has been a revelation.  Before this, his best known work was "Bones".  So this has been quite a step up in quality and gravitas.  I would say that through almost two seasons, Fargo has been up there in the rareified air with Breaking Bad.  But the limited run format prevents me from getting as "invested" as I would in a full-blown serialized drama like that.  I'd like to see Hawley create his own TV drama and sell it to FX, AMC, HBO, Netflix or the like.  I think he can be TV's next superstar showrunner.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:48:28 EST »

Just watched last night's show.  The UFO thing was...weird.  But if you recall, they had a couple "supernatural" elements last season, as well.  Rmember the dead fish falling from the sky?  It makes me wonder if, even though these seasons are more or less self-contained, there's not some common thread linking them together.  Aliens, demons, something.

Fargo's showrunner Noah Hawley has been a revelation.  Before this, his best known work was "Bones".  So this has been quite a step up in quality and gravitas.  I would say that through almost two seasons, Fargo has been up there in the rareified air with Breaking Bad.  But the limited run format prevents me from getting as "invested" as I would in a full-blown serialized drama like that.  I'd like to see Hawley create his own TV drama and sell it to FX, AMC, HBO, Netflix or the like.  I think he can be TV's next superstar showrunner.

I don't even know what to say about the UFO deal.  I'm trying to remember if anything close to that ever came up in a Coen bros movie.  I think Hawley's whole Coen Bros fanboy thing is what really ties the whole series together, so to speak.  I'm going to have to watch both seasons again & again to catch all the Coen Bros references - some are subtle, some are not.  I think it would be a great idea to do a Big Lebowski prequel in a TV show format.  Offerman has already proven he could do a great Walter Sobchak.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:07 EST »

This has been a good series. Another thing that I notice and want to say is that Ted Danson is really under-rated as an actor. Everyone just thinks of him as Sam Malone from Cheers. He has been good in many different roles. He is great in this series.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: