VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 03:01:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eric Berry's brothers........  (Read 6813 times)
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:17 EST »

Weren't they Seniors? Did they sign anywhere?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:07 EST »

Nope. They're in next year's class.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:14:10 EST »

Evan and Elliott Berry. Both DBs and both in 2014 class. UT is recruiting them hard.

japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:10 EST »

I was surprised to see that neither was listed among the Rivals 250 for 2014. I know you can't expect both to be 5* prospects like their brother, but I would have thought at least on of them would have been mentioned on this list. The state of Tennessee had 6 players on the list: Alex Bars, Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone, Vic Wharton, Todd Kelly Jr, and Petera Wilson. This year there were 8 Rivals 250 players from Tennessee, 3 of which signed with UT.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:35 EST »

Urk Bury.   

Check out the 2:09 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAplMhlP2Ok
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:09 EST »

I was surprised to see that neither was listed among the Rivals 250 for 2014. I know you can't expect both to be 5* prospects like their brother, but I would have thought at least on of them would have been mentioned on this list. The state of Tennessee had 6 players on the list: Alex Bars, Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone, Vic Wharton, Todd Kelly Jr, and Petera Wilson. This year there were 8 Rivals 250 players from Tennessee, 3 of which signed with UT.

Heck, we need to take them as legacies, if nothing else.  I suspect they would both contribute no matter what their rankings. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:57:30 EST »

With Vic Wharton already VFL and in touch with some of the other legacies I would hope our foot is solidly in the door. I know at least on twitter he has reached out to TK2, Dillon Bates and Neiko Creamer, all of which already have UT offers. I think there are at least a half dozen more legacies in this class.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:03:44 EST »

Bates and Creamer are going to take a little more work, even though they are legacies, in my opinion.  Neither of them have ever lived in Knoxville and personally witnessed UT football and its real fan support for an extended period. 

Wharton spent several years in Knoxville before moving back to Middle Tennessee, and TK2 has been here most of his life.  That's a definite plus with both of them. TK2 is such a high profile recruit already, that it's going to be tough to reel him in, even with his being a Knoxville guy and his UT ties. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:00 EST »

Way too early. Rivals has not evaluated a ton of guys yet

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:54 EST »

Bates and Creamer are going to take a little more work, even though they are legacies, in my opinion.  Neither of them have ever lived in Knoxville and personally witnessed UT football and its real fan support for an extended period. 

Wharton spent several years in Knoxville before moving back to Middle Tennessee, and TK2 has been here most of his life.  That's a definite plus with both of them. TK2 is such a high profile recruit already, that it's going to be tough to reel him in, even with his being a Knoxville guy and his UT ties. 

Creamer certainly has a fondness for UT because of dear old dad. At least it seems that way from the quotes I have read. I don't know what caliber recruit he will end up being.

With Bates having two older brothers not offered by UT who played college football elsewhere, I wonder what, if any, edge we have there. Neither of those guys seemed to be SEC caliber recruits, but I still wonder how that affects things.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 08:12:52 EST »

Legacies in this class:

Wharton - already committed
TK Jr - likely high 4 star or 5 star
Dillon Bates - likes UT a lot - likely top 50 player
Neiko Creamer - 6'4 225 WR, probably will be our next commitment
Evan and Elliott Berry - Both likely 4 star DBs
Cole Cook - Kelly Casteel's son

101stDad
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:11 EST »

Creamer certainly has a fondness for UT because of dear old dad. At least it seems that way from the quotes I have read. I don't know what caliber recruit he will end up being.

With Bates having two older brothers not offered by UT who played college football elsewhere, I wonder what, if any, edge we have there. Neither of those guys seemed to be SEC caliber recruits, but I still wonder how that affects things.

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see who offers these guys (other than TK2, we know where he is as a prospect already) after they go to junior days and invitation camps in May and June. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:47 EST »

Legacies in this class:

Wharton - already committed
TK Jr - likely high 4 star or 5 star
Dillon Bates - likes UT a lot - likely top 50 player
Neiko Creamer - 6'4 225 WR, probably will be our next commitment
Evan and Elliott Berry - Both likely 4 star DBs
Cole Cook - Kelly Casteel's son

I think Ced Wilson also has a kid in this class, and there are a couple more legacies I can't recall at the moment. They may not all be SEC caliber players but I'm not opposed to reaching just a little further for legacies. The CW Jr recruitment may be a bit tainted by Dad's legal troubles.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:20 EST »

I think Ced Wilson also has a kid in this class, and there are a couple more legacies I can't recall at the moment. They may not all be SEC caliber players but I'm not opposed to reaching just a little further for legacies. The CW Jr recruitment may be a bit tainted by Dad's legal troubles.

he does, but I have read that his kid is really not even Div 1 material.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 10:22:48 EST »

With all the kids Al Wilson had, surely one of them should be ready to graduate......
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:38 EST »

With all the kids Al Wilson had, surely one of them should be ready to graduate......

Yed, I can't wait for the deluge of Travis Henry's kids!

101stDad
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:42 EST »

Yed, I can't wait for the deluge of Travis Henry's kids!

Geez.  His offspring will take up 2/3 of a signing class.   
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:18:31 EST »

I hope they all inherited their Daddy's heart and love for the game, not to mention his love for UT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: