VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:08:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Bamers arrested/released  (Read 8257 times)
eVOLved
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:24:24 EST »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8939251/dj-pettway-4-alabama-crimson-tide-freshmen-facing-charges

Thoughts?
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:42:21 EST »

My thought is that it is kind of hard for us to start throwing stones.  We all live in that glass house. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:46 EST »

Once saban explains to the police that "they didn't really mean it", they will be released.  After all, winning at football is the most important thing in the state of bammer.  Nothing else matters, really.  And saban is a genius/saint who should never be questioned.  The authorities who committed this atrocity should just be happy if he lets them keep living in the state.  All he has to do is ask his good golfing buddy God to vaporize them and He will.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:07:37 EST »

suspended for 1 play in first game

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:24 EST »

My thought is that it is kind of hard for us to start throwing stones.  We all live in that glass house. 

True, but that won't stop me.  They are after all, frigging Bammers
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:34:24 EST »

True, but that won't stop me.  They are after all, frigging Bammers

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:37:37 EST »

On a more serious note, they CAN'T paper over or BS their way out of this one.  It's too big, too obvious.  Other things have slipped by over the years.

No problems.  Plenty more athletes to buy next year.   

101stDad
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:18 EST »

:mad:This is an example of why it's really hard to throw stones in situations like that:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/feb/12/former-ut-football-player-dennis-rogan-arrested/

As soon as we do, somebody associated with UT has legal issues of their own.  

I dislike Nick Satan and Bammer as much as anybody else, but we aren't holier anybody else when it comes to legal issues with current and former athletes.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:36:22 EST »

:mad:This is an example of why it's really hard to throw stones in situations like that:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/feb/12/former-ut-football-player-dennis-rogan-arrested/

I dislike Nick Satan and Bammer as much as anybody else, but we aren't holier anybody else when it comes to legal issues with current and former athletes.  

What you're saying is that it's BanditVol's fault that Dennis Rogan was arrested. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 06:27:58 EST »

Pretty much goes without saying.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:50:42 EST »

No one is throwing stones, just pointing out that even mighty nickie can't gloss this one over.

I shouldn't bother to respond, but a former player getting indicted on a drug charge is hardly the equivalent of three current players getting indicted for beating fellow students and stealing their credit cards (which, as an aside, is also pretty freaking stupid  ).

Let me put it this way...I don't know if this is true, but someone twittered about 30 minutes ago that the three have admitted to everything.  So why are they still on the team?  Nickie is going to hold on to them if he can.  I would bet on it.

In Rogan's case, I would expect him to be off the team....if he wasn't already.   So these things HAPPENING are glass houses, I agree.  How a program RESPONDS is definitely open season.  Given that Nickie once suspended a player one game only to let him back in at halftime, it will be real interesting to see how they handle this one.

Another interesting aside...the twitter I mention had a link to an article in the school paper, the Crimoson and White, that had an account from one of the student's that got beaten.  It has been taken down.     How is that for transparency.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 07:55:49 EST »

Another interesting aside...the twitter I mention had a link to an article in the school paper, the Crimson and White, that had an account from one of the student's that got beaten.  It has been taken down.    How is that for transparency.  

Okay it's back up.  May have just been a server problem.

http://cw.ua.edu/2013/02/13/football-players-victim-speaks-out-after-arrests/

Now let's see what, if anything, happens to the players.

I personally hope they stay on the team.  Because lil nickie is actually that big of an ahole and I want the world to see it.  

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:04 EST »

Okay it's back up.  May have just been a server problem.

http://cw.ua.edu/2013/02/13/football-players-victim-speaks-out-after-arrests/

Now let's see what, if anything, happens to the players.

I personally hope they stay on the team.  Because lil nickie is actually that big of an ahole and I want the world to see it.  

One interesting thing is that they all got out on bail...one bail was 65,000 so the bail bond agency would want 6500 for the 10% to pay the bond for the player.....Where did that come from?  Hmmmmm?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

101stDad
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 11:12:09 EST »

No one is throwing stones, just pointing out that even mighty nickie can't gloss this one over.

I shouldn't bother to respond, but a former player getting indicted on a drug charge is hardly the equivalent of three current players getting indicted for beating fellow students and stealing their credit cards (which, as an aside, is also pretty freaking stupid  ).

Let me put it this way...I don't know if this is true, but someone twittered about 30 minutes ago that the three have admitted to everything.  So why are they still on the team?  Nickie is going to hold on to them if he can.  I would bet on it.

In Rogan's case, I would expect him to be off the team....if he wasn't already.   So these things HAPPENING are glass houses, I agree.  How a program RESPONDS is definitely open season.  Given that Nickie once suspended a player one game only to let him back in at halftime, it will be real interesting to see how they handle this one.

Another interesting aside...the twitter I mention had a link to an article in the school paper, the Crimoson and White, that had an account from one of the student's that got beaten.  It has been taken down.     How is that for transparency.   

Come on Bandit.  UT has had plenty of "second, third, and fourth" chances for players because they were talented, while canning players who were marginal contributors. 

If you can see that glass house, then maybe you need to buy some Windex. UT fans have no right to throw stones. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 01:53:31 EST »

Come on Bandit.  UT has had plenty of "second, third, and fourth" chances for players because they were talented, while canning players who were marginal contributors. 

If you can see that glass house, then maybe you need to buy some Windex. UT fans have no right to throw stones. 

Oh sure they did.  Fulmer IMO got worse at this as time went by.  Perhaps the worst was Demetrice Morley, who, as it turned out, had committed a very similar crime in JuCo but Fulmer let him come back to the Vols anyway.  One of the first things Lane Kiffin did was boot Morley from the team.  It was a shame, because he was a preseason All-SEC first teamer, but apparently even Kiffin did the right thing in that case.

While by no means justifying Fulmer's behavior, there is even then a difference between giving a kid accused of a fairly serious crime a "second chance" vs. allowing him to stay on your own team.

I will say this...find an example of Dooley letting a player stay that was guilty of what the bammer players did.  I don't think you will find that example. 

But again, I WANT the players to remain on bammer's team.  I don't know if you bothered to click the Crimson White link above, but here are a couple excerpts. 

“His left side of his face was gigantic,” Burks said. “The jacket he was wearing and his headphones were completely drenched in blood, the bottom half of his face was completely covered in blood; he was bleeding badly from his lip. He had clearly been badly beaten.”

Three UA students and football players were arrested early Tuesday morning in connection with Jurgens’ attack and another student robbery that occurred just an hour later. Each man was booked on two counts of second-degree robbery.

According to arrest records, Tyler Hayes and Eddie Williams admitted to robbing Jurgens near Paty Hall, and Dennis Pettway “aided and perpetrated” the robbery.

You might could make a case for letting Pettway stay, if it's true he just observed, but Hayes and Williams should be gone.

But again, I don't want them to.  If they stay, it shows exactly what character Saban has, which is to say 'none'.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 01:56:58 EST »

One interesting thing is that they all got out on bail...one bail was 65,000 so the bail bond agency would want 6500 for the 10% to pay the bond for the player.....Where did that come from?  Hmmmmm?

Yep!  Also not being charged with a Class A felony, which....I hope....is typical in a first time offense. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 01:57:56 EST »

But it's Alabama. So it's okay to pretend that their crap has a special stink that ours doesn't.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:18 EST »

But it's Alabama. So it's okay to pretend that their crap has a special stink that ours doesn't.

Let's see if they kick them off or not.  The infamous shop lifting by the FSU player that resulted in the "it's not like he shot the President" quote was nothing compared to this.

And yeah fizzle bammer and their corrupt, cheating, antler-spray ingesting sorry ass program.

And while I am at it fizzle their inbred trailer trash knuckle dragging yard ape fans who think football is more important than life itself.

I make zero apologies for those last two statements.  

I mean fizzle em.  They are bammer.  If you don't like that, then.....

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 02:03:13 EST »

There will always be kids from practically all schools getting into trouble. And there will always be fans from those schools giving grief to fans of other schools whose players get into trouble. It's hypocrisy, but forever it shall be.

My opinion is that he should boot them all. But this information has only been out a day or so. I'll wait and see what he does.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 02:05:26 EST »

There will always be kids from practically all schools getting into trouble. And there will always be fans from those schools giving grief to fans of other schools whose players get into trouble. It's hypocrisy, but forever it shall be.

My opinion is that he should boot them all. But this information has only been out a day or so. I'll wait and see what he does.

You are correct that it's early.  But if it's true they admitted to it, and given the fact that they injured two fellow students, it's unquestionable what the right thing to do is.

It's also questionable that bammer will do it.

All for a stupid game that doesn't mean jack shizzle in the real world.  Our country is in a sorry state, IMO.  Sports are not life.  Okay rant over. 

Quasi EVol
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 02:49:15 EST »

Too true.  However, any moron who claims he only recruits the top 1% of the top 1% has earned any & all derision for the rest of his career. 

Oh, SNAP!  I forgot he retired from his top-of-the-mountain career for health & family.  Never mind.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:55:05 EST »

Too true.  However, any moron who claims he only recruits the top 1% of the top 1% has earned any & all derision for the rest of his career. 

Oh, SNAP!  I forgot he retired from his top-of-the-mountain career for health & family.  Never mind.   

Word.  I won't toss stones at any coach for this kind of stuff unless he does so first.  Corch Herban should have his feet held to fire for as long as he remains in the profession.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: