VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 07:54:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riley Ferguson rumor  (Read 9254 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:02 EDT »

I expect he will be better, and Worley too.  And maybe Hurd plays at an All American level from day one.  Maybe the line will gel quicker than we think.  But even if every best case scenario for the offense comes to pass, the defense is still going to hold this team back.  No matter how you look at it, we're still at least a year away.

I completely agree. I posted something similar a couple months ago.  Defense is almost a complete reset.  We should be okay at LB and have some experience at DB, but of course the line is a huge unknown.

On the O side, there are at least a couple guys that started in cases of injury and an experienced and highly touted JUCO player, and as you point out the other positions other than QB are getting a nice infusion of talent.  O can make something work, D is going to struggle, and we are definitely a year away from signficant improvement in the W/L column.

I would not rule out a nice surpise or two this fall though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: