VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 10:07:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If the locker room rumors are true...  (Read 5572 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:56:24 EST »

...would we be better off dismissing Rogers and even Bray and moving on without them?

Probably not, because if you have several players who are doing that stuff without repercussions, that speaks of a culture being cultivated by your head coach rather than one or two bad apples. But if Dooley is going to survive this, he's going to have to take some drastic measures, one way or the other.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:32 EST »

Do you really think things are at a head where this is full blown crisis to consider dismissing those two?  Really?

I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion.  If either of them seriously flouts authority they should be punished by whatever means, period.

But is this really at the point of "them or Dooley"?  Let's not get carried away here.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:56 EST »

IF - and it's a very big if, but what are messageboards good for if not speculating? - If we have a receivers coach who resigned because of the way he was being treated by his players...and if we had a quarterback and receiver who cashed in the Kentucky game because they didn't give a crap about going to a lower-tier bowl, then, yeah, I would say the locker room attitude is rotten enough that it might necessitate such changes.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:08 EST »

Twitter is going crazy with rumors that Da'Rick is either indefinitely suspended or "no longer a Vol" per Erik Ainge. The KNS guys are quoting a high-level UT source as saying that this not true.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:07:21 EST »

Let me take it a step further: if what we're being led to believe about some of the under-classmen is true, might that not explain why the team seemed to inexplicably cash it in in the second half of a number of games this year?

My point is that if a locker room is that divided, you have a cancer that will not let you be the best team you can be...you have to cut out the cancer.

As for Rogers, I want him on the field next year...With a healthy Hunter back, our receivers can be scary good. But if what we're being told is true, I'd just as soon see UT at least put him on an attitude probation and let him know that one slip-up will result in his dismissal from the team. And if he can't comply, cut him and move on. That's where I stand.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:08:58 EST by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:13:20 EST »

Pretty sure that Da'Rick has been "Janzened". He is not on the team but not kicked off and can earn his way back. This per multiple Twitter sources.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:18 EST »

Pretty sure that Da'Rick has been "Janzened". He is not on the team but not kicked off and can earn his way back. This per multiple Twitter sources.

Correctamundo. Looks like he has been told to get in gear or he is out.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:59 EST »

What coincidental timing with this thread. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 09:35:23 EST »

So does that mean Basilio was right?  I'm so confused...
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:06:32 EST »

Here is a link from a news website citing a source claiming the Rogers has been kicked off of UT's team: http://www.wate.com/story/16175480/source-darick-rogers-no-longer-with-vols

From the conspiracy perspective, this could be a strategic recruiting move by CDD.  Now he can truthly tell Corderelle Patterson that he is truly needed, because Rogers is not longer on the depth chart.  Then CDD gets Patterson to sign, and then reinstates Rogers just in time for spring practice. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 11:12:44 EST »

Here is a link from a news website citing a source claiming the Rogers has been kicked off of UT's team: http://www.wate.com/story/16175480/source-darick-rogers-no-longer-with-vols

From the conspiracy perspective, this could be a strategic recruiting move by CDD.  Now he can truthly tell Corderelle Patterson that he is truly needed, because Rogers is not longer on the depth chart.  Then CDD gets Patterson to sign, and then reinstates Rogers just in time for spring practice. 

That source is wrong.

Vols_Beat Austin Ward
It's been stressed heavily again to me that Da'Rick Rogers is not suspended and will continue taking classes as normal. Is not dismissed.

But I've already seen your conspiracy theory posited elsewhere by Vol fans. Baggett was not Patterson's lead recruiter... Hinshaw is... and Hinshaw is going to be the new WR coach according to what I'm hearing. Clear a spot, move his recruiter to coach the position, and you set yourself up to sign the guy.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:29 EST »

I look forward to the day when this program has some stability.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:18 EST »

Let me take it a step further: if what we're being led to believe about some of the under-classmen is true, might that not explain why the team seemed to inexplicably cash it in in the second half of a number of games this year?

My point is that if a locker room is that divided, you have a cancer that will not let you be the best team you can be...you have to cut out the cancer.

As for Rogers, I want him on the field next year...With a healthy Hunter back, our receivers can be scary good. But if what we're being told is true, I'd just as soon see UT at least put him on an attitude probation and let him know that one slip-up will result in his dismissal from the team. And if he can't comply, cut him and move on. That's where I stand.
AGREE 100%

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 01:41:03 EST »

Wow .  I support any and al disciplinary moves by the staff. 

I do think Bray was trying vs. Uk but not inspired.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: