VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 10:33:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure if you guys have done a poll yet regarding perdictions for this year.  (Read 4576 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:28 EDT »

As a UT fan by proximity, I hope they do well this year. Gonna be a tough one, though, especially adding OK to an already brutal schedule. I think Butch can coach the guys up, and get to a 7-5 season, which would be good given the schedule. I think the five losses will be Oklahoma, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama and South Carolina. And even with that, I think you guys have a shot at UGA and Ole Miss.

Good luck. I hope Butch is the one to get y'all back on top and back to beating bammer many years in a row. War Damn Vols!

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:05:56 EDT »

a bowl is the goal

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:33:25 EDT »

I think 6-6. Beat Utah State, Arkansas State, UTC, Kentucky, and Vandy, and grab one more as an underdog, with Missouri being the most likely. We could definitely win 7 but it'll mean that some young guys really progress quickly and don't hit a wall. I'm just not counting on that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:17 EDT »

I think if we can limp to 6-6, it will be an accomplishment. Anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4 is probably not outside the realm of possibility, but the lower end is definitely more realistic than the upper end. At this point, I just want to get through Sunday's game with a W.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 01:53:12 EDT »

The Vol sheep side of me is saying 6-6 and in a nobody cares bowl game, which we would all care about this year given how long it's been since we were actually in a bowl game.

But when I really look back and analyze where we are in terms of youth and personnel, not to mention having no legitimate SEC quarterback, I am expecting 5-7. 

I hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:29:44 EDT »

But when I really look back and analyze where we are in terms of youth and personnel, not to mention having no legitimate SEC quarterback, I am expecting 5-7. 

That's exactly what the talking heads are saying.....5-7. I think beating SC last year was due to Worley playing in his home state. Maybe he'll feel that way again, and we'll be 6-6.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:58:54 EDT »

I think beating SC last year was due to Worley playing in his home state.

It's a mere technicality, but Worley didn't beat SC in his home state.  That game was played in Knoxville. 

He's got a chance, assuming he is still the starting QB by that time, to win in South Carolina on November 1. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 04:36:53 EDT »

He's got a chance, assuming he is still the starting QB by that time, to win in South Carolina on November 1. 

Interesting that you word it like that. Unless Butch is just overly stubborn due to last year's Florida debacle, I believe Peterman might be the starter by that point. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 06:24:39 EDT »

Interesting that you word it like that. Unless Butch is just overly stubborn due to last year's Florida debacle, I believe Peterman might be the starter by that point. 

Well, the fact that he is a senior and wasn't named the starter until after fall camp began pretty much tells one that he isn't clearly a cut above the rest. 

Wouldn't shock me to see a re-run of last year when we had 3 different QBs start games. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 06:48:41 EDT »

At the open practice two weeks ago, Peterman looked the sharpest throwing the ball, with Dobbs a distant third. Obviously you can't tell anything from a single practice — especially one like that, where everything is just for show. But when I start reading the same stuff in some of the other practice reports, it definitely makes a feller wonder. 
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 07:38:44 EDT »

Not trying to defend Peterman, but he did get thrown to the wolves against arguably the best defense we faced last year. I just. want someone to get the job done.

GO VOLS!!!   
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 08:23:17 EDT »

Not trying to defend Peterman, but he did get thrown to the wolves against arguably the best defense we faced last year. I just. want someone to get the job done.

GO VOLS!!!   

You don't have to defend Peterman to me.  He's obviously a tough kid.  It would have been easy for him to shrug his shoulders and move on and transfer down to the D1-AA level and play somewhere immediately, but he chose to stick it out and compete for the job.  Whether he ever plays another down or not for UT he's earned respect in my book. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 09:32:51 EDT »

I agree that 5-7 is the most likely scenario, and I hope we avoid 4-8.  We should be much, much better next year though.

I agree that Peterman's prospects are also looking up, and I mostly blame Butch for the debacle last year. I can't believe he gave a true frosh his first start in the swamp, I don't care how down UF is (which was not even apparent that early in the season last year).  Frankly I think Butch caved in to the fans.  Somethign I hope he learned from.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:13 EDT »

I agree that 5-7 is the most likely scenario, and I hope we avoid 4-8.  We should be much, much better next year though.

I agree that Peterman's prospects are also looking up, and I mostly blame Butch for the debacle last year. I can't believe he gave a true frosh his first start in the swamp, I don't care how down UF is (which was not even apparent that early in the season last year).  Frankly I think Butch caved in to the fans.  Somethign I hope he learned from.

Peterman wasn't a true freshman last year, he was a redshirt freshman. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: