VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 06:21:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't see a change, if there is one, till mid-week at the earliest  (Read 1710 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2020, 05:14:41 EST »

Pruitt is headed to his grandfather's funeral tomorrow
So I think any meetings between he and Fulmer will not occur till he returns
That also allows the issue with Mims to percolate a bit more as well (important if Becky's post is accurate)
Another factoid is the bowl game invitations go out tomorrow

So in summary: we the impatient fanbase wanted him out as of 1530 hours this afternoon but events conspire to not meet our "expectations"

My 2 cents and YMMV

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 05:52:42 EST »

I can buy that, and think it's fine. Hopefully the powers that be are using time wisely.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 06:06:21 EST »

There's just something odd about this coming out right before the game today.....The last game and senior day. Something smells.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 06:35:57 EST »

There's just something odd about this coming out right before the game today.....The last game and senior day. Something smells.

You mean he's being set up?  Maybe.  I saw a twitter today by a Knoxville journalist saying it was "toxic" and part of a "toxic atmosphere in Knoxville".  By which I think he meant (I have to guess, he didn't spell it out) that it's a bad idea to undermine Pruitt like this, whoever did it, and that it could complicate any effort to replace him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 04:01:18 EST »

Agree with you, Pirate, and I don't think there will be any kind of formal presser, only a release sent to media.  No positives in doing a presser and opening the floor to questions right now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 05:02:48 EST »

I agree. If he is let go, the pool of coaches to replace him may be very shallow if it is determined his own department undermined their own coaches.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 06:51:49 EST »

I agree. If he is let go, the pool of coaches to replace him may be very shallow if it is determined his own department undermined their own coaches.

The info didn't come from within the UTAD. It was confirmed by someone within the UTAD.

Big difference.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 07:56:14 EST »

You mean he's being set up?  Maybe.  I saw a twitter today by a Knoxville journalist saying it was "toxic" and part of a "toxic atmosphere in Knoxville".  By which I think he meant (I have to guess, he didn't spell it out) that it's a bad idea to undermine Pruitt like this, whoever did it, and that it could complicate any effort to replace him.

The timing is conspicuous enough to make everyone jump to the conclusion that it was purposely leaked to undermine Pruitt... yanno, kinda like what yellow-bellied Mike Hamilton did before our NCAAT appearance against Michigan. The fact that it came from Trey Wallace makes me doubt that Fulmer himself was complicit, because I don't believe Wallace has that kind of access to Fulmer. He's a bit of an outsider, and Fulmer would've likely used one of the media OGs.

One thing that nobody should doubt, however, is that Fulmer will ultimately look out for himself — at ANY cost. Majors would tell us that from the grave.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 04:07:03 EST »

Beginning to think it will be status quo through the holidays

With the nearness of the bowl game, and the need to get the required practices in the staff, such as it is, remains will stay intact
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:11:29 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 05:21:51 EST »

Will be interesting to see if we have any players opt out of the bowl games. Notice that the stud Florida TE announced he was entering the draft and not playing in the Cotton Bowl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: