VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:38:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, assuming as many early/December enrollees as possible...  (Read 2784 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:29:13 EDT »

...to count against the 2013 total, how many of the current 2014 commitments can the Vols sign and not exceed the 25/85 rule?  I'd hate for Coach Jones to have to renege on offers.  So, any experts here know? 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:24:04 EST »

...to count against the 2013 total, how many of the current 2014 commitments can the Vols sign and not exceed the 25/85 rule?  I'd hate for Coach Jones to have to renege on offers.  So, any experts here know? 

Ok, the Berry brothers are committed.  Anyone know the numbers and whether they can be made to work? 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 04:29:59 EST »

Ok, the Berry brothers are committed.  Anyone know the numbers and whether they can be made to work? 

The word is they can sign 30, backcounting 5 of them. I think that assumes Tiny goes pro. Unless there's a lot of attrition, the 2015 class will have to be very small to stay under 85.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:31:50 EST »

The word is they can sign 30, backcounting 5 of them. I think that assumes Tiny goes pro. Unless there's a lot of attrition, the 2015 class will have to be very small to stay under 85.

Not sure Tiny is going to be projected nearly as highly after the season as he was before it started.  He has not had a good year, so his leaving early isn't a given at this point. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:38:46 EST »

Not sure Tiny is going to be projected nearly as highly after the season as he was before it started.  He has not had a good year, so his leaving early isn't a given at this point. 

My thoughts exactly.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:01:12 EST »

FWIW, this site projects him at no. 16.

I don't think he is having a great year but in my limited experience following NFL draft prospects, it has to be a truly bad year because the NFL seems to look at the whole body of work and physical attributes.  Just being a bit worse usually doesn't seem to matter.  A great example is Justin Hunter.  He obviously played scared last year, but was a first rounder anyway.

Again...FWIW...that site did a decent job of projecting Hunter and CP last year (but not Bray! LOL!)

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 03:45:22 EST »

Tiny has his moments in the sun with his playing, but at the same time, since he has been here he has got to be one of the most undisciplined linemen I've seen. He has had more false start penalties than any single O- lineman this year by far, and they seem to come at criticle times. He does that crap at the next level he'll find himself out of a job. If he gets drafted it'll be a 2nd to 4th rounder. He could benefit from another year in college.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:16:13 EST »

Tiny has his moments in the sun with his playing, but at the same time, since he has been here he has got to be one of the most undisciplined linemen I've seen. He has had more false start penalties than any single O- lineman this year by far, and they seem to come at criticle times. He does that crap at the next level he'll find himself out of a job. If he gets drafted it'll be a 2nd to 4th rounder. He could benefit from another year in college.

He might slip to the 2nd round, but barring something stupid like an arrest, I seriously doubt he will go lower than that.  There is a small chance he sticks around...if he slips into the second round he probably should IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: