VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 12:35:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good balanced article from SI  (Read 1263 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:19:38 EST »

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/27/greg-schiano-tennessee-coach-protest-penn-state

Some coaches who would have been interested in the Tennessee job probably crossed the Vols off their list after Sunday. That’s actually fine for Tennessee. As someone who has lived in Knoxville and covered the program, I’m convinced those coaches wouldn’t have the stomach to succeed as Tennessee’s coach. They would have failed anyway, so it’s probably better for everyone involved that Currie now will get to choose from a self-selecting sample of coaches willing to deal with a lot of passion and at least a little bit of nuttiness. After Sunday, I’d bet the fans who revolted will choose to embrace the person who does get the job if only to prove the fan base didn’t rise up out of a desire to destroy the program. The fans didn’t do what they did Sunday because they’re crazy. They did it because they love Tennessee. Maybe they love it a little too much, but that’s far better than the opposite problem. Currie would do well to remember that.

Great point I hadn't considered....any coach not wanting the job over this probably could not have handled it anyway.  Speaks more to hiring someone with close ties like Cut or Tee.  Gruden...well it ain't happening.

There is talk of Fulmer being brought in as a one year interim coach.  At this point, not the worst thing that could happen.

Regardless, I like this author's spin.  This may actually help narrow the list.

Heck....Sumlin is probably a good fit now.  He faced enormous pressure at Tamu, knows the SEC, and is certainly an upgrade from Butch. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 06:09:28 EST »

That is actually a great way of phrasing it.  Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: