VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:18:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, if Oklahoma fires Venables next year........  (Read 651 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2022, 03:39:00 EST »

...(they lost today to go to 5-5), does OK go after Heupel? And does he go or were the bridges burned?

When mama calls, people go home. I tell tiglet fans all the time that when Saban retires, Dabo will take the Bama job. They say "no way". I have bets on this.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 03:45:15 EST »

Before this season, I could see it, but not so much now. I think the environment of UT-Bama Solidified things, so to speak

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 03:52:43 EST »

Sure hope not. I suppose it's possible. Better get him a new contract with that in mind.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 03:57:37 EST »

I'd like to see Oklahoma go the way of Nebraska.  They are too close to Texas talent for that to happen... Unfortunately.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 03:57:46 EST »

As I understand it, he’ll go nowhere near that place as long as Bob Stoops is involved there. And apparently he’s pretty heavily involved.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 07:40:28 EST »

...(they lost today to go to 5-5), does OK go after Heupel? And does he go or were the bridges burned?

When mama calls, people go home. I tell tiglet fans all the time that when Saban retires, Dabo will take the Bama job. They say "no way". I have bets on this.
[/quote

I don't see Dabo going to bammer.  He has it fine in Clemson. If he has any sense, he will run screaming from the bammer job.  How likely is it that anyone will fill Saban's shoes and meet the ridiculous expectations of the insane Tide fans? 

Also a lot of bammers hate him and don't want him.

Having said that, the way things are going at Clemson he may not be a candidate, depending on how long Saban sticks around.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: