VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:16:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WV scares me today. Talk me out if it please  (Read 2134 times)
10EC
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:17:17 EST »

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:21:40 EST »

When you are the #1 ranked team they are all scary. You will get everyone's best effort. Who doesn't want to knock off #1?  Next month and a half will be nerve racking. Can't wait for UK though.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 05:49:35 EST »

Yesterday I saw where we were 17 point favorites.....Don't see that myself.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 06:07:57 EST »

Yesterday I saw where we were 17 point favorites.....Don't see that myself.

That's a crazy number. They're peaking (just beat Kansas) and we've looked the worst we have all season these past 2-3 games. Hopefully the bookies know something we don't, because it sounds like they're begging people to take the points.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 07:54:56 EST »

That's a crazy number. They're peaking (just beat Kansas) and we've looked the worst we have all season these past 2-3 games. Hopefully the bookies know something we don't, because it sounds like they're begging people to take the points.
Dang..I think I would take the points.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 08:01:41 EST »

WVU, at least so far this season, hasn't had very good half court D. They also haven't been very effective scoring in their half court offense. Their pressing D they haven't employed as much because it hasn't been really productive either (compared to past WVU teams).

As I've said in other threads, I think Huggins will spread us out defensively and try to penetrate because it has worked against us the past several games. I'm not sure, however, if this WVU team can be effective doing that - they aren't nearly the guard-oriented team that they've been in the past few seasons.

If we defend and are patient in our offense, I think we should get a W.

EDIT: They played their best game of the year, in probably all respects, against Kansas.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 08:24:11 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:47:59 EST »

WVU has lost 6 of their last 7. 4 of which was on their home court. They did beat Kansas by 1 on their home court. I think we win by double digits. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: