VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:35:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ohio State cannot continue to recruit a highly ranked player.....  (Read 3192 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 02:02:12 EST »

.........because they let him visit with an ESPN Gameday member. Who was it? Why it was Herbie.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/21817816/ohio-state-buckeyes-report-recruiting-violation-involving-micah-parsons-college-gameday-visit
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:48:06 EST »

NCAA has so many rules that are head scratchers. So does this mean if the kid really, really still wants to be a Buckeye, they can't sign him? Hmm.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:17:34 EST »

In fairness, the NCAA rules are complex and this violation apparently involved an exception to an existing rule (a recruit can visit a former player but not one in the media).

But...really funny this happened to Herbie.     Maybe Big Al or John Henderson can go meet with this kid and get him to Tennessee 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 03:22:42 EST »

From what I understand, the violation was not that he met with Herbstreit.  The kid told the coaches that he wanted to go to see the Gameday event.  One of the assitant coaches took the kid to the site, but went further in that he got the player access to actually go on the set. The violation was that he was taken onto the set of Gameday - something that the average person doesn't have access to do.  I very well could have heard this incorrectly, but that is what I heard explained on ESPN.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 03:35:41 EST »

Geno gets his UConn recruits tours of the ESPN facilities. I guess that's ok
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 05:38:51 EST »

From what I understand, the violation was not that he met with Herbstreit.  The kid told the coaches that he wanted to go to see the Gameday event.  One of the assitant coaches took the kid to the site, but went further in that he got the player access to actually go on the set. The violation was that he was taken onto the set of Gameday - something that the average person doesn't have access to do.  I very well could have heard this incorrectly, but that is what I heard explained on ESPN.

ESPN/Herbstreit CYA

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 07:51:02 EST »

ESPN/Herbstreit CYA

After reading several other articles on this incident, it  seems that you are most likely completely accurate, Bandit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: