VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:02:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching Bruce's AU team lay a beatdown on UConn...  (Read 1961 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:16:15 EST »

...really drives home just how strong the SEC is this year.  There are probably 12 league teams with NCAAT quality resumes right now.  Obviously, there will be some cannibalization once league play begins, and all those teams won't make it.  But don't be surprised if the SEC puts 7, 8 or even 9 teams in the field. 

We'll take some knocks in the conference this year.  But so will everyone else.  It should only help us all come March.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:20:16 EST »

...really drives home just how strong the SEC is this year.  There are probably 12 league teams with NCAAT quality resumes right now.  Obviously, there will be some cannibalization once league play begins, and all those teams won't make it.  But don't be surprised if the SEC puts 7, 8 or even 9 teams in the field. 

We'll take some knocks in the conference this year.  But so will everyone else.  It should only help us all come March.

Again, don't share your optimism.  The SEC gets screwed by the Committee each and every year.  I don't expect this year to be any different.  SEC usually gets the shaft in bball...some suspect this is because of the football dominance and a desire by all the other conferences for some payback.  Who knows why...but the SEC bubble teams almost always get screwed.  Rarely do we get more than 3-4 teams in, even teams that have high RPI and quality wins, etc. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 09:31:47 EST »

Again, don't share your optimism.  The SEC gets screwed by the Committee each and every year.  I don't expect this year to be any different.  SEC usually gets the shaft in bball...some suspect this is because of the football dominance and a desire by all the other conferences for some payback.  Who knows why...but the SEC bubble teams almost always get screwed.  Rarely do we get more than 3-4 teams in, even teams that have high RPI and quality wins, etc. 

Very different this year.  SEC teams have upgraded their OOC schedules across the board, and are winning their share of those big games.  It wasn't long ago that only UK and maybe UF would enter March with any OOC wins over ranked teams.  That's not the case this year, and the league should benefit because of it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:23 EST »

Very different this year.  SEC teams have upgraded their OOC schedules across the board, and are winning their share of those big games.  It wasn't long ago that only UK and maybe UF would enter March with any OOC wins over ranked teams.  That's not the case this year, and the league should benefit because of it.

You make a very strong point, but I still don't trust the committee.  I have seen the SEC screwed way too often.  Hope you're right though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 10:18:42 EST »

Auburn has one very annoying ass fan or male cheerleader being picked up by the broadcast mic 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: