VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:15:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounds like another banner day for NFL officiating  (Read 1880 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:28:11 EST »

I've only been watching the Falcons/Saints game, which was an absolute prison rape.  But judging by twitter, it sounds like the Titans/Rams and Bills/Pats games were no better.

And they wonder why their ratings are down.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:19:33 EST »

I watched the Titans/Rams game and it was just about as bad as I've seen. Those refs should have their pay docked and be suspended at least a game.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:36:29 EST »

They could just institute a rule that all Pats games begin with the awarding of 7 points to the Pats so they can save time on replays.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 03:26:14 EST »

A big problem for the NFL is they started the season saying that the league was going to rely on the call on the field more (the benefit of the doubt) and replay was going to only be used for obviously overturned calls. Then the replay has devolved to "Well the replay officials in New York have the benefit of super-slo-mo and HD and they can see things the viewer cannot". That and the fact that New England wins every call. The endless "Is it a catch or not?" and "He did not survive the ground." is just maddening. The NFL has decided that Tom Brady is the face of the league and New England is going to get every call whether they need it or not.

Instant replay should only be used for turnovers (real or possible) and in the last five minutes of the half. If they cannot make a call in 60 seconds, the call stands. And they need to explain to the fans why. Replay needs to be removed from the league office and return to the field of play with no super-slo-mo.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 05:11:19 EST »

They could just institute a rule that all Pats games begin with the awarding of 7 points to the Pats so they can save time on replays.

This deserves both a  for humor, and a  to the league and Pats.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: