VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 02:08:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Parrish/CBS Sports checks in on Forbes & Shay (link)  (Read 14827 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 04:51:27 EDT »

Hope that is good enough.

This is a long ways from a pissing contest. I don't do pissing contests. (Not anymore. When I was younger I liked me a good pissing contest.) When I said I hoped to see some evidence that Pearl asked his assistants to lie on his behalf, I meant just that. I was hoping 101stDad would share the source of the information. Was my comment a little snarky? Yes. Because, IMO, if someone is going to make claims like 101stDad made and then follow a request for a link with a snarky comment of his own...well, let's just say that I'm not as trusting a fella as you. He made the statement that some folks have "short memories," a comment that was directed at least partially at me, which implies that evidence of Pearl asking his assistants to lie on his behalf was common knowledge. Then follows up with sarcasm when he's asked for a link. I'm not defending Pearl, but I also don't believe he asked his assistants to lie for him. And you vouching for 101stDad still doesn't make me believe it. Because I don't think it happened. Maybe that means I've got a "short memory." But if my memory is that bad I sure wish someone would give me a refresher on the matter.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 08:24:49 EDT »

Too bad. I was hoping to see some evidence of the claims myself.

As expected, however unfortunate.

When discussing opposing views, for me it takes a whole lot more than "trust me" for me to believe something happened that I don't think did.  And that goes for in-person social life.  On a message board?  Now that's just comical.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 07:09:06 EDT »

Mike Griffith's column from yesterday on this subject was much better than Parrish's column. Griffith took the time to get Pearl's perspective.

Parrish's column was garbage. It says a lot about his integrity that he included extensive conversation with Forbes and Shay but didn't include anything from Tony Jones...who just happens to be the lone assistant who stands by his former boss.

http://m.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/sep/28/bruce-pearls-business-deicisons-upset-former/

Griffith's column reiterates that Shay and Forbes were interviewed before Pearl. IMO, it's nothing more than a copout to try to shift the blame for their decisions and actions to Pearl.

(Griff must also have a short memory since he doesn't mention anything about Pearl telling them to lie on his behalf.)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 07:33:11 EDT »

FWIW, I vaguely recall something about Pearl asking the Assistants to not come clean.  But it's nothing but a vague memory.

And lest my previous post sounded harsh, I do sympathize with the impact to their families and I do think that the difference between what happened to them and what happened to Pearl is "unfair", but like one of my high school teachers used to say "life isn't fair!".    Which is something I definitely know from experience.   I don't have a link though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:32 EDT »

What a novel idea.. Getting both sides of the story.

Smacks of bitterness still.  Why in the world is Shay's wife still keeping tabs on the Pearls on facebook?

Not that Pearl is a Saint, but to insinuate that Shay and Forbes are tragic collateral damage in Pearl's grand scheme of lies is hilarious.

My question is.. How did he instruct them to initially lie if the assistants were the first to see the photo and fumble around on the explanation, which then required Pearl to call a meeting after they had all been interviewed to try and figure out who told what to the investigators?  If Pearl orchestrated the lie, wouldn't it have been a little more structured than that.  And further, if he did tell them to lie.. Why isn't it in any of the accounts of what happened?  You really think these bitter beans have the motivation to hold back that juicy tidbit when pouring their hearts out about their inhumane apartments that don't allow pets?   
Quasi EVol
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:20 EDT »

ReVolver, feel up to creating a PearlitiVol board for ex-coach threads? 
TheRealOrange
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 10:10:32 EDT »

ReVolver, feel up to creating a PearlitiVol board for ex-coach threads? 

That is the best recommendation I have seen here in a LONG time.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:52 EDT »

I've come close to posting the "beating a dead horse" pic a couple of times but then I remembered I was involved in the thread originally. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 12:20:23 EDT »

How can you be a "walk on" in your current condition??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 02:47:08 EDT »

Posted as an informational link and did think it would create some dicussion. But, I never thought a pissing contest would spew up.

My last thoughts: Four different coaches get interviewed about the same subject and same photo. They all basically say some version of the same thing. It was all a giant coincidence! Stranger things have happened.

That is all.

G   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 04:24:04 EDT »

Posted as an informational link and did think it would create some dicussion. But, I never thought a pissing contest would spew up.

My last thoughts: Four different coaches get interviewed about the same subject and same photo. They all basically say some version of the same thing. It was all a giant coincidence! Stranger things have happened.

That is all.

G   

Every debate is not a pissing contest.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 07:05:26 EDT »

Every debate is not a pissing contest.

Of course you are correct. I actually felt a bit guilty about bringing the subject/article to light because of the to and fro. I don't like that stuff because I really like about everyone on this board. I'm unconfortable when the banter goes back and forth over stupid little stuff. I don't like it a bit. Life's too short. Believe me on that. This is really an extremly bad weekend for conflict for me. Piss on this lttle crap!

G
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 01:13:33 EDT »

I would say he is more of a "CRIP on" than a "Walk On"   

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Quasi EVol
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 11:21:05 EDT »

So what do you think about the Fulmer situation? 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: