VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:29:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if?  (Read 13854 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 04:35:01 EST »

Personally, for me, if we lose to both, so be it.  I think we lose to Vandy, even if Bray is back.  I don't see us losing to Kentucky.  I've realized so much in the last year what is really important in life and it isn't UT football...  but outside of that subject, I like Dooley, I support Dooley.   I think if anyone, fans or UT, puts him on the hot seat before 2013, they are fools.  First, we probably played one of the toughest schedules in the country this year with 5 ranked teams in a row (GA, Bama, LSU, SC, Arkansas) -- most of them in the top 10 - #1 and #2 back to back - unbelievable.   Secondly, he needs at least 3 years of his recruits to build the team that will be competative.  Thirdly, I don't think any coach in the country could have done much more with this team considering the schedule, youth, lack of depth,  and injuries (making the depth a bigger issue).   

The biggest issue I have with the fans, including my Dad, is how they all know why Dooley is doing what he is doing, what it's doing to the team, etc etc.....nobody knows what's going on in that locker room but the players and the coaches...I say, give them a BREAK!

Just my take on things.  They will get better count on it.

I think "fools" is a little strong. If he loses to Vandy OR Kentucky (and it doesn't have to be both) it's a legitimate stance for people to be not OK with that. It's also a legitimate stance to be OK with that if you so choose.

I agree with you about the overall schedule and the injuries up to this point... some of the conjecture in the thread is coming because Vinnie's original question required some assumptions to answer. Even with the injuries, I'm just not OK with them losing to Vandy or Kentucky. It just shouldn't happen.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 04:53:10 EST »

And my original question is of course worst case scenario.. That we lose both games.  I think we all know losing to Vandy is very possible, but it would take a catastrophic failure to lose to UK. 

I just hope they shock us all and come out tomorrow with fire and a chip on their shoulder. like you said, despite all our limitations, these last two games are "taking care of business" games.  Meaning, you show up and do your job and everybody does what they're supposed to do, we win.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 05:10:10 EST »

I think "fools" is a little strong. If he loses to Vandy OR Kentucky (and it doesn't have to be both) it's a legitimate stance for people to be not OK with that. It's also a legitimate stance to be OK with that if you so choose.

I agree with you about the overall schedule and the injuries up to this point... some of the conjecture in the thread is coming because Vinnie's original question required some assumptions to answer. Even with the injuries, I'm just not OK with them losing to Vandy or Kentucky. It just shouldn't happen.

Maybe I should have said foolish, since IMO it would be foolish to put Dooley on the hot seat before 2013.   I don't "like" losing the Vandy and Kentucky and agree, we should never lose to those 2 teams.....BUT, if it happens, it happens and nothing I can do can change it...like I said, I've learned what's important and it's not the loss of these games...FOR ME.   And if they lose those games, IMO, it is not Dooley's fault....Fault lays clearly at Fulmer and Kiffiin's feet for putting Dooley in this predicament.  In fact, if Fulmer had of done his job, Dooley wouldn't even be here today...This is all JMHO.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 05:27:53 EST »

Apparently they are feeding the Orange dog all their negativity.  :dunno
I still contend Vandy hasn't beaten anyone and James Franklin is a snake oil salesman using smoke and mirrors to try and scare us. Vandy can go to hell.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:08 EST »

And I still don't know wth is up with the orange dog at practice.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 06:44:51 EST »

Apparently they are feeding the Orange dog all their negativity.  :dunno
I still contend Vandy hasn't beaten anyone and James Franklin is a snake oil salesman using smoke and mirrors to try and scare us. Vandy can go to hell.

I sure hope thats true. It is definitely true that they haven't beaten anybody. Of course Dooley hasn't either, unless you count Cincy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:05 EST »

And I still don't know wth is up with the orange dog at practice.

Something about a red dog and negativity and the orange dog and positive vibes.  It's the Dooley version of the synergy stick.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: